S-"actually I-"

C-"so I'll just call an Uber"

I called an Uber and while I waited, I made sure Sam knew that Lili was mine.

C-"I'm gonna miss you."

L-"me too. I love you."

We kissed in a long passionate kiss. I put my hands around her waist and she rested her head on my chest. We stayed like that for some seconds until Ella asked to be held. I held Ella in my side and Lili rested her head on the other. After that, I grabbed my suitcase and left for the airport. I was so nervous for Lili to stay with him for that bit but I trusted her and I know she won't ever leave me.

Lili's POV:

S-"so... plot twist, I actually don't have a flight for tonight. My flight doesn't leave for 7 whole days!"

L-"great, but you are leaving my house right now then."

S-"I was thinking I could sleep here since I spent most of my savings on the flight."

L-"umm... no"

S-"come on, I want my best friend back."

L-"okay you can sleep here. Tonight. But tomorrow morning you are leaving and not coming back."

S-"Lili I wasted my only week of holidays of the year to come here. Besides, I owe money to the bank because of the flight money. Please! Let me stay here and we can become friends again."

L-"okay. But Cole is probably gonna lose his shit when he finds out and he will fly back just to beat the crap out of you."

S-"I mean, if you tell him he will."

L-"how can I not tell him? He is the love of my life, Sam. Not you. I can't keep anything from him, besides he will be back in 3 days, he will see you, he lives here."

S-"I'll go to a hotel room. Please, Lili. He will become all nervous and won't be able to work if he knows I am here."

L-"well I'm not gonna lie to him, I'm sorry but I love him. Take that guest room down the hall. And don't you dare talk to Ella."

Ella was in her room playing a bit before bed.

L-"baby. Today since daddy is not here, you are gonna sleep in my bed okay?"

I was fucking scared. I hated him but I was scared that I was going to catch feelings for him again cause after all he's as there for me for the 1st year of Ella's life. But Cole... I loved him more than I loved anyone. He is perfect in every sense and I just wished he was home. I woke up with an alarm to 2 am, telling me to call cole.

C-"hey lovey."

L-"hi, was your trip good?"

C-"it was a lot of missing you."

L-"I miss you so much. I wish more than anything that you would be here."

C-"3 days and I'll be home."

L-"Yeah, can't wait."

C-"me too. Oh... and Sam? Did he catch his flight?"

I bit my lip. Fuck. I am the worst at lying.

L-"oh don't worry about him."

C-"anything wrong love?"

L-"n..n... no, I'm just tired."

C-"wish I was next to you."

L-"me too. FaceTime?"

C-"always."

I turned the call off and opened FaceTime.

C-"so. Did he take an Uber to hell? Or did you drive him?"

L-"I don't wanna talk about that right now. I really need to sleep"

I put the phone on his pillow, where he normally slept and he just stayed there, watching both of us sleep.

C-"I love you."

L-"I love you"

The next thing I remember was waking up to noise in the kitchen. Surprisingly, Ella was asleep next to me which could just mean it was him. I sat up and picked up Ella to check on what was happening.

S-"good morning. I made you and Ella breakfast."

L-"thanks."

S-"you are so welcome. So I was thinking and we could go on a walk, then I would cook lunch, then we would watch the next Star Wars movie and then maybe play a board game and then I would cook dinner."

L-" Sorry but this morning Cami is coming over, then we are going out to eat with Ella. And the Star Wars movie is something I only watch to make cole happy. But I mean you could cook dinner."

S-"so dinner it is. I'll make you the best-grilled cheese sandwich ever, like the ones I used to make."

L-"okay. So Cami is coming over in like 10 minutes. Ella is gonna watch her show for an hour and then is gonna play. You can do whatever you want as long as you don't bother us."

S-"okay."

Cami and I talked the whole morning and during lunch. My situation was complicated and I really should have god cole yesterday but I couldn't. He would fly back and lose that opportunity. I called him so he could talk to Ella. I barely talked with him cause I am the worst at hiding stuff, from him.

Cole's POV:

Lili was acting very wired and I couldn't concentrate on my shoot the whole day thinking about her. So I decided that I was going to reschedule and surprise Lili tonight. I got into the plane as soon as I could, hoping I would still catch Ella before bedtime. The plane delayed a bit and I got home later than I expected. What I was, expecting to find was Lili in bed asleep or on the couch watching a show. So when I came in to find her with him watching Star Wars I went crazy. For the first 10 seconds, I was just shocked. Then I was madder than I have ever been.

C-"what the fuck? ... seriously?"

L-"I can explain-"

C-"don't Lili. I gave up on an important project to come home to my family. So I hope I didn't interrupt anything, I am leaving, and taking Ella with me."

I went to Ella's room and found her there, under the sheets I had tucked her in so many times. I grabbed the emergency bag we had packed once with clothes for all 3 of us. I also grabbed Ella's passport, her stroller and left the door. Lili ran after me but I just hopped into my car and drove off.

_____________

So... stuff is happening.

2 parts left!

I will post the first part of the sequel on the 1st.

Posting the next part tomorrow.

Give suggestions for the next book/ what you want to see.