8

Her house felt warm. Welcoming. I couldn't describe it but there was a feeling I never felt before. For once in my life I was at a loss for words. I stared at the family photos in large albums that she showed me. Apparently these belonged to both my parents. Katsuki laughed and smiled brightly pointing at a small girl in the photo pouting. "That looks like you, same crying face and all."

"That's her mom. You guys look so much alike." She admired the photo as if she was remembering my mother. I envied her for that. For having memories of her. I wish so bad that I had that.

"Why did no one in the family ever get me? If I was so loved" it might've sounded harsh but photo albums and hugs doesn't fix that they allowed me to rot in the orphanage.

"At first we couldn't find you. And when we did you were already legally Aizawa's. Why he allowed you to stay in that orphanage for so long is beyond me-"

"I told him no. I thought I was burden on him so I told him I was happy there. But I didn't know then that he was my legal guardian."

"Ugh that man! He was so obsessed with your mother it's ridiculous. He better not have touched you!"

"Aizawa has been nothing but amazing to me" I said defensively. Even when I told him I didn't want to be adopted by him he continued to visit me. Continued to help me with my quirk. Continued to push me. "He may not be my father but he's the only one I got. I won't sit here and let you or anyone bad mouth him to me. He didn't let me rot. He seemed me out. Formed a bond. I didn't get that from you."

I stood up and stormed out the house.

"That she got from my brother ..." she sighed.

"She probably feels overwhelmed. I'm gonna take her to the hotel.. she probably needs some rest." Katsuki told her.

Soon after Katsuki came outside looking for me and found me in the car already. Without saying anything he got in , turned it on and pulled out of the driveway. He wanted to break the silence bug he didn't know what to say.

"What was that about?" He finally asked.

"Aizawas important to me. She seemed.. idk. Like it was a show. I never heard from her. Seen her. She never reached out before . Why care now? Aizawa wouldn't have kept me from her if she were to reach out to him. But she didn't. So back then I was too much of a burden for her."

"And now?"

"Now I feel like I under appreciated Aizawa."

"Where are we going?" I asked rubbing my face in annoyance.

"Hotel. I'm hungry and you stormed out before we could eat."

"Bleh! Hotel food is expensive and bland"

"That's Why Im cooking idiot. We have a small kitchen."

I paused. "We?"... "Katsuki are we sharing a room?"

"And a bed."

"LET ME OUT THE CAR!"

"NO! the only way your gonna stop being scared of me is being around me and close to me!! Your just gonna have to deal with it or sleep on the floor cause I'm not!"

"Wow what a gentleman. The girl gets the floor while the man gets the bed ?"

"If you don't wanna sleep on the floor sleep on the bed. I'm sure as hell not sleeping on the floor."

I'm Thinking about sharing a bed with katsuki made me more nervous then coming on this trip. My heart fluttered but at the same time it trembled with doubt.

Soon after we made it to the hotel and got check in. The room itself was big. The bed was a decent size. But it wasn't big enough. It was a queen sized bed and if either of us are gonna wanna sleep comfortably without touching each other is gonna be impossible. Last thing I need is my sexually frustrated body to act on its own. "What are you making?" I asked sitting on the bed. Katsuki removed his shirt and I noticed he had way more scars on his body than he did when I left.

"Curry rice with spicey chicken."

My stomach growled thinking about it. If it's anything like his moms I'm gonna be in heaven. "Do you need help?" I asked. I was truly trying here. Trying to not be afraid of him. Trying to forgive him. Trying to move on from this mess.

"Mix this." He handed me a bowl of ingredients. I couldn't help but feel Katsuki was being short on words with me. Did I push him away? I mean. I kinda wanted to but now that it's happening .. I'm to find myself wanting the opposite.

"Let me take off shotos sweater. I don't wanna give it back stained."  Katsuki damn near choked.

"Why the hell are you wearing his sweater!?" He growled angrily

"We were training and he singed my jacket. He gave me his to get home."

"D..did something happen between you two when you were in America? Or when you thought .. I was... ya know. With someone else?"

"With Shoto? No." I definitely wasn't going to tell him that I gave Shoto the opportunity and he didn't take it.

"Did anything happen between you and that blonde?" I asked

Katsuki got a quick flashaback. "S..she kissed me."

This is when I figured out that I still love him because my heart shattered into a million pieces. "Oh.."

"She was .. she looked like you... I thought it was you. She tricked me. Half way through the kiss her quirk worn off and I backed out."

"It's fine

"It's fine. You don't have to explain yourself. " I shrugged "were not together"

"We're not?" He asked. "Because I don't remember us breaking up.  Unless you broke up with the other one you thought was me. But.. as far as I'm concerned. We didn't break up."

"I think placing me in a coma is a loud  enough answer."

"That shit eats at me everyday! I don't need you to constantly remind me of it ! I don't need your help to remember!" He balled his fists and slammed them on the counter. "If I would've went easy on you they were going to kill you."

"Here." I passed him the bowl in the middle of the quiet awkwardness . "It's mixed"