Hidden Love

Tw: Suicide, homophobia
This is very sad so I'm sorry but I hope you like it

Gellert POV:

In the streets of Godric's Hollow, it was hammering down with rain that was so harsh we were drenched head to toe. Even so, it's not like we could go back as we ran hand and hand as fast as we could, for our lives. It was hard to see in the windswept water that was being blown everywhere in this storm. Smashing into houses and filling the cracks in the pavement which we sprinted down.

My mind raced and I could say without a doubt this was the most scared I've ever been in my entire life. Heart pounding in my ears, I ran faster than I believed my legs could carry me as they painfully whacked the cobblestone path one after the other on an endless repeat. Not only could I hear my blood rushing in my ears but the furious shouts of the people chasing after us. Merlin we're dead, we're so dead.

A few minutes ago

Me and Albus had decided to go to the pub just down the road for a quick drink to celebrate our progress on research. We'd been studying hard but we'd recently found the exact location of the elder wand and planned to take it any day now when Albus said the word. I would always wait for him, my true love.

'How will we share it?' Albus asked inquisitively.

I smiled at his interest, longing to take his hand but knew that would do no good in a place like this, 'Ve vill take it in turns, ve can touch it at the same time so it vill vork the same for us both,'

He nodded, his auburn hair falling over his perfect, pale face that had a rosy glow from the alcohol; his bright blue eyes twinkling in the warm glow of candlelight and his full pink lips that were wearing a small smile of nervousness as I realised I had been looking at him for too long. I managed to pull my eyes from him but a thought lingered in my head that I couldn't put to rest.

I lowered my voice to a whisper, tucking his fiery hair behind his ear so only he could hear, 'I vant to kiss you,'

Albus blushed deeper but tried to get a grip so he could look me sternly in the eye, 'You know that we can not,'

Shrugging, I glanced around, 'Maybe not here...' my eyes found his hand which I tried to take but he coughed and flinched away to finish his drink. I sighed, slightly irritated, finishing my own drink and slamming it down.

'What?' Albus shook his head, 'Why are you being like that?'

I decided to hold back what I was going to say and instead thought of how much I longed to be kissing him right now, to feel his lips on mine as we expressed how much we love each other without anyone judging us for feeling. It's sickening that we have to hide, it makes me sick.

'Are you seriously mad I'm trying to keep us safe?-'

'No,' I interrupted, 'I'm mad because you have to,'

His expression softened, 'I know but...when we rule it won't have to be that way...ok?'

Our eyes met and his somehow soothed my building anger until it had completely dissolved into nothing but warmth for Albus. It always does. I smiled a little, gesturing to the drinks, 'Should we go?'

'Yeah, ok,'

We got up but something seemed off about Albus as we went to leave the pub. As soon as we opened the beaten wooden door, a gust of wind blew into the pub making drinks fall over and paper thrash about under its force. I closed the door and took Albus' hand without thinking.