Birthday!

It's my birthday! So I'm writing a birthday special :)

Gellert POV:

I started to panic, not something I usually do. I had to make sure everything was perfect. 'Alright everyone!' I shouted, clapping my hands to get their attention, 'Albus is arriving in a couple hours and ve all have to vork as hard as ve can to make sure this is the best birthday party ever!' I pulled out my pre-written list that I'd put together last night, 'Elphias! Go to the pub and make sure that Albus is going to stay there for the next few hours but don't let him get too drunk.' Elphias immediately left, the good think about being intimidating is that everyone is most likely going to follow my orders. Well except-
'Aberforth, you need to start baking the cake or it von't be ready.'

He spat, 'I don't take order from you bloody foreigner-'

Drawing my wand and place it under his chin I replied, 'make sure it has extra sherbet lemons on top, ok?'

Getting the message, Aberforth rushed into the kitchen.

I looked at the list, 'Tante, I vas vondering if you could pick out some flowers from your garden.'

My Aunt smiled knowingly and hobbled off to her house next door.

Ariana tugged at my sleeve, 'Can I do something?'

I thought for a moment before saying, 'You can help me veave these into decorations.'

We sat down at the table as I showed her how to thread the bits of paper and confetti together to make decorations to go around the room. To make it a lot more festive. Eventually, I left Ariana to check on Aberforth. I was worried he might be sabotaging the cake, lacing it with poison to kill me or worse Albus. But to my surprise, he was actually co-operating. The cake was in the oven and he was waiting. It looked really good, it was even white chocolate like I noted down. Albus loves sickeningly sweet things. Not to mention it will soon be covered with even more candy. Aberforth looked more grumpy than he usually did when he saw me.

'Come to check I'm not incompetent have we?' He folded his arms.

I rolled my eyes, 'I'm organising this party, I'm checking on everyone.' With that, I left the room, going to see how Tante was getting on with the flowers. When I got out there, she had gathered many different nice flowers such as Lily's, Roses, Tulips, Poppy's and more. I already knew exactly what I would make with these. I helped her carry them back to the house to sort through. I took a few Lilys, a couple roses and some Poppy's and started work on Albus' bouquet. I left the rest of the flowers for Tante and Ariana to string up around the room.

Albus would be arriving soon. I'd finished my bouquet and the room looked beautifully decorated with freshly cut flowers, beads and handmade decorations, courtesy of me, Tante and Ariana. I went into the kitchen again to see Aberforth icing the cake. It was white chocolate with white, piped butter cream covering the whole thing. Sherbet lemons sweets were stacked all over it along with a few cockroach clusters stuck around the bottom. Next to the chocolate frog, that sat in the centre of the masterpiece, read 'Happy 19th Albus!'

Aberforth huffed, 'ok, I know I messed up the l a little bit but hey pal, you didn't ice this fucking cake it took me ages.'

I grinned, 'it's perfect.' I left again, Aberforth looking at me in such shock that I said something partially nice to him. Albus would be here any moment so I asked everyone to get in their places. They hid behind the furniture and I switched off the light and joined them.

Albus POV:

I was surprised when Elphie turned up at the pub shortly after me, I had just ordered myself a wine to celebrate my birthday. Gellert had been going out of his way to make sure it was special. I love him so much. This morning I woke up to him making me toast with raspberry jam, I love raspberry jam, it's my favourite. I'm not stupid, I'm very aware he's planning something for when I get back, he doesn't usually like spending too much time apart. He suggested I come here today, there's got to be a reason. Elphie ordered himself a beer before starting some friendly conversation.