12

A year after

A couple of days before Christmas

New York

"Wait till you see me" Caroline said to her friend Lexi.

'How long do you have?"

"Six more weeks to go. Oh, and - it's a girl!"

"Ah, you didn't wait to find out at the birth after all?"

"We changed our minds." Caroline replied.

"So happy for you. Ok- I got to go. See you tomorrow" Lexi said.

"Yeah- see ya" Caroline said and hung up.

Putting her phone down she turned to Klaus, who was in his world, completely emerged in his painting.

"I'm going to make some hot chocolate with all the trimmings- want some?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, love" Klaus said.

"I definitely want some." Hope said strolling down from her attic room. "With tones of marshmallows."

"Yeah- come on. What's this face? Roman?"

"Yeah - I just - give up." Hope said.

"Come on - tell me what happened?"

Leaving Klaus to finish his last piece for the Christmas Charity Exhibit.

*
In Mystic Falls

Mikaelson Mansion

Elena, who now was Mistress of the house having married Elijah, tried to devise the last to do list with Jefferson.

"Will you be needing anything else, Dr Mikaelson?"

"That's about it. Now- I am going to the kitchen to bake a sweet potatoe pie. Elijah will be here in an hour or so." Elena said passing the list to the butler.

Her phone rang and taking the call, she went to the kitchen.

"Kol and I are taking off tonight. Should arrive early in the morning fingers- crossed." Bonnie said.