1. The Beauty Of Art

[August 6th 2019]

P.O.V Theo

I sat so still on my bed, legs dangling off barley touching the ground, hands on both of my sides resting. My eyes fixated on the beam of light where the sun was shinning onto the ground revealing all the dust particles floating around acting as if they were dancing stars.

My mind wandered to places i'd wish i have forgotten, black raven hair, piercing blue eyes, pale apricot skin that made a beautiful color at night, words that described something so simple into something so beautiful and memorizing.

"I'll be right back Theo, i need to go to the gift shop."

My ears start ringing once my mother enters another room.

Dust flying everywhere, broken wires dangling down still sparking whatever electricity it had left. Shattered pieces of glass from the light bulbs that once lit up a room with beautiful artworks that now covered a horrific scenery that no one should have to ever see.

Everything is torn apart, blown into pieces, smashed as if ten thousands boulders were thrown across the sky and landed onto one building.

My glasses are full of dirt, my lungs are filled with dust and chemicals from the debris.

I feel my chest start to tighten, my face starts burning up feeling as if im back where it all started. My breathing changed rapidly, spiraling from breathing so heavy to almost not breathing at all. My hands go numb, i watch them grab onto my blue blanket, holding onto it for dear life.

My feet touch the ground but i cant feel the ground, i feel nothing except this over whelming feeling that something is crushing me right into the ground, making every single part of my body go numb and my breathing feel heavy.

I shut my eyes, squeezing them shut hoping that when i open them ill be okay, that everything will be okay.

From the lack of oxygen of holding my breath i fall back onto my bed and let out a heavy breath that has been held there finally escapes my mouth.

I start to open my eyes slowly,- hoping it'd make a difference- instantly seeing my ceiling and knowing im at home, in bed. No where else.

"Theo! We're home."

The yelling makes me jump, getting brought back into reality.

"Okay."

Metal hitting against metal making an almost high pitched noise coming up the steps along with tiny sweet foot steps.

My door creaks open making me perk up and stare at my door, revealing a small white fluffy dog coming in instantly running towards me, licking my face.

"Hi boy, miss me? Settle down sweet puppy."

I ruffle him behind his ears and gently caress his soft fur, the small being settles down and cuddles right next to me.

"Cutie."

I kiss him on his head, smiling wide.

Knock, knock.

"Hey there bud, i see popper missed you a bunch" - my dad says with a slight smile, pointing to popper resting on my chest. - "Well, Me and Xandra are going to be out on a date tonight, ill leave some money on the counter for you to get something to eat or go out and do something."

Money? He doesn't have money for shit, he must've killed a man.

"Oh, alright thanks."

"Yeah."