Chapter 24: A New Chapter

Start from the beginning

"No . . . " Ginger answered, rummaging through the bags. "We would . . . never do that." Her response seemed unsure.

"Then what is all of this?" Marinette continued, motioning at the entire scene.

"And why do I have to leave?" Adrien added.

"Surprise sleepover." April muttered, still laying on the floor.

"And no boys allowed!" Min Jee yelled pointing her finger up at Adrien.

"A sleepover?" Marinette looked between them.

"Duh." Ginger smiled. "We need to catch up on our lives, have a little fun, and I've never been to Paris before, so what better than a girls night?"

"Maybe a phone call first." Marinette suggested.

"None of us have your number." April said, rolling her eyes.

"You know where I live, but can't find my number?" Marinette crossed her arms.

"Yup." Min Jee confirmed.

Marinette sighed before smiling. "Okay. It is nice to see you guys." She raised her hands in defeat. "A sleepover it is."

"Well I wasn't leaving." Min Jee walked in, Adrien shutting the door behind her. She jumped on the couch and grabbed the bowl of popcorn.

"Oh and Ginger. I never asked you what your real name was." Marinette spun on her heels to face her.

"It's Ramona." She answered with a smile.

"Good to know." Marinette replied. "And April . . . why are you on the floor?"

"I fell." April stated. "And I like the floor. It's cold."

"Okay then." Marinette nodded.

"So is your man here gonna leave already or is he too clingy?" Min asked, relaxing into the cushions.

"Don't worry, we got you, Marinette." Ramona whipped out a hatchet from one of the bags.

"What, no! Oh my gosh!" Marinette gasped. "Why do you have that with you?!"

"In case he resists." Ramona excused, not understanding the issue.

"Um, I don't think that's needed." Adrien laughed. "I'll just go."

"Wait." Marinette jogged over to him. She looked into his sparkly green eyes smittenly before turning to the others. "Does he have to go?"

"No boys allowed." Min Jee repeated. Marinette exhaled.

"It's okay." Adrien replied, trailing his hands down her arms. "I will call you tomorrow."

"You better." Marinette smiled up at him. Adrien kissed her cheek before leaving. Marinette spun around to the trio. "So . . . what's are your guys' plans?"

"Oh." April dug in her pocket as she pushed herself up. Ramona dumped a duffle bag out on the floor, several bottles of nail polish rolling away. "I have a list."

Three Hours Later:

An empty wine bottle rolled out of Min Jee's hand and onto the floor. It clanked against the tv stand across from the couch.

"Use a glass you animal." Ramona glared from one of the chairs.

"You're a child!" Min yelled. "Don't lecture me! Are you even allowed to drink?"

"I'm eighteen." Ramona scoffed, drinking the last sip in her glass before her eyes widened. "Wait, am I?! What country are we in?!"

"What if we're in the United States?" Min began to panic. "Oh never mind, I'm twenty-two." She leaned back, relaxing again.