The Darkness Within

Jack glanced over at bunny who was staring at his broken eggs on the ground. Jack felt an awful pit swell in his throat as he stared down at what he left. He felt like he shouldn't have left at all. He walked up to bunny slowly.

"I'm so sorry, Bunny." He spoke, softly choking on the words.

Bunny turned quickly, shoving Jacks shoulders roughly. "We should have never trusted you! You are just... Just... Go!" Bunny shouted.

Jack hesitated feeling his heart tighten in his chest.

"Bunny's right. We don't trust you." North said.

Jack closed his eyes, feeling something slither in his veins. Something dark was lurking in his body, something he did not like the feeling of. Jack felt his heart skip a beat and his stomach start to burn violently.

He tried to ignore it. "I.. I didn't do anything. Pitch made me go. He lured me there." He said the pain intensifying as he spoke.

His knees buckled, making him lean on his staff a little more. Jack felt light headed with a certain dizziness. The feeling in his veins still going at full speed throughout his body.

"Please, you have to believe me." He said a little quiet.

"Jack? Are you okay?" Tooth asked. Bunny glanced at jack as if for the first time, seeing him looking pale and weak. He stood straight.

"Are you?" Bunny asked.

Jack nodded, but that nod made him lose his balance and fall to the ground. When he hit the ground, black sand swirled him. Nightmare sand. Out of the corner of Bunny's eye, he saw pitch move into the clearing.

"Pitch! What are you doing here?" Tooth asked in anger.

He chuckled. "Just watching the show of course." He said, walking towards the nightmare sand circling Jack.

" what show?" Jack asked weakly, clutching his chest.

Pitch glanced at him and then at the guardians. "You don't know?" He asked them. They stayed silent. "If you throw your trust away, the strong ice becomes weak and fragile." He paused, showing a wolfish grin. "And easy to control." He chuckled.

Bunny glared. "What does that mean?" Bunny asked.

Jack felt his heart tighten more and his veins burn white hot, making him scream in pain. Tooth gasped at the site. His screams piercing their ears with agony.

"Jack!" Tooth screamed, slow tears falling onto her cheek. North gritted his teeth. First Sandy and now jack. why? North asked in his head.

Jack screamed once again but this time, he choked. His screams silent as the sand disappeared. Everyone seemed to be holding their breaths as Jack was still laying on the ground, unmoving. Bunny glanced at pitch who had a wicked grin on his face.

"What did you do to him?" North shouted.

Pitch stared at the guardians. "Well, I personally lured him to my lair with the teeth. I knew he was looking for them, so I knew I had to do something. So When he was down there I planted nightmare sand in his heart. Unfortunately he had a hard soul to crack, so I knew if you saw him with the teeth he had lost, you wouldn't trust him." Pitch laughed. "The best part of all this is that you guardians did all the work to break his soul! I just had to sit back and watch!" He laughed to himself, throwing his head back and arching his his shoulder blades.

Bunny felt all his blood go to ice. He was the cause of it? No way?

"Pitch, what do you mean we broke his soul?" North asked, standing there with his sabers now in the grass.

Pitch finished laughing and ran his hand through his hair. "When you said you didn't trust him. Oh those few words shattered him to pieces. All he wanted was to be accepted by you and for you guardians to trust him." He said.

Jack slowly opened his eyes on the ground, seeing the moon above. His head slowly averted towards the guardians who all looked devastated.

"Jack is still jack!" Tooth shouted.

"Oh really," pitch says. "Lets find out." He turned to the now conscious Jack on the floor. "Time to get up."

Jack slowly stood, feeling his body become heavy and dark. Jack was up all the way and finally, stared at the guardians. They all gasped in horror. Jack had bright red eyes with jet black hair, his jacket changed to the color of red as his pants changed to the color of nightmare sand. His face motionless.

"Jack?" Bunny asked, dropping his boomerang. "What's wrong with you?" He finished.

Pitch caressed his cheek, laughing wickedly at them. Jack felt his veins start to boil and he liked the pain of it. Slowly jack lowered his head to cast a shadow over his bright eyes. A Wolfish grin appeared, making the guardians shiver with fear. Jack felt his mind start to clear from the pain. His smile showing his true form now. He cocked his head, making him look like a psychotic puppet. The real jack frost was buried somewhere deep inside himself, slowly fading away from the light.

"Seems like I won." Pitch said.

Bunny stepped forward. "Jack!" He shouted.

But jack only picked his staff up and with the same smile of a psycho he pointed it motionlessly at bunny.

"Now, now, my frost puppet, we mustn't kill them yet." He said, grabbing jacks shoulder.

Jack dropped his hand and nodded. "Yes, master." He said quietly. Jack stood there motionless, following every rule pitch throws at him.

"Pitch, let him go. Please." Bunny asked.

Pitch chuckled. "Let him go? Let him go?! Haha don't make me laugh you damned rabbit." He said, holding jack by the shoulder.

Jack felt something inside him start to ache. He didn't know what the weird feeling was. He couldn't pinpoint what could trigger this. All he knew was that he needed to finish any task pitch asks of him. He felt like he needed to concentrate on just his "master" and nothing else.

"Jack? Come on, snap out of it." Tooth says, slowly walking towards him. Baby tooth flying near her shoulder with a frightened look on her face, placed her small hand on tooths cheek.

Jack cocked his head with a murderous look in his bright red eyes. His smile was sharp as a knife, stabbing all 3 guardians with daggered fear. Pitch chuckled happily at them, feeling the fear of all the children flow into him. The fear of the guardians as they watched Jack transform from his his original form to this murderous doll.

"I wonder if Jack even knows anything about humanity." Pitch spoke, leaning near jacks ear. "Shall we find out?" He asked, his accent thick with triumph.

Bunny lunged forward. "No!" He shouted. "Don't make him do something he will regret." He says.

Pitch smiled. "Oh I will. Trust me." He says. Standing tall he huffed a giant gust of air. "Now, we shall pick this up later. Come My Precious Frost Puppet." Jack nodded, turning motionlessly around to follow pitch.

Tooth stood forward. "Jack!" She shouted. "You don't have to listen to him!" She shouted. Jack paused.

His mind was blank but his body wondered if walking away was the right thing to do. He felt someone grip his shoulder. Turning he saw it was Pitch.

"Come on, Frost." He said.

Jack nodded, ignoring his name being yelled from the guardians. His name faltered the farther he walked with Pitch. His mind still blank to the commands of Pitch.