One-Shot Number One: Danganronpa Part I

• Didedikasikan kepada Everyone who waited for this book!

Sixteen students received letters on the same day. But not just any letters; they were letters saying they were accepted into the most prestigious academy in the country:

Hope's Peak Academy.

Taylor had dreamed of getting into the academy all her life. Yet, of course, she was fairly ordinary; she was not the best in any particular field.

But one day, it all changed.

Walking home from an unfortunate, bad day, (it was her worst day ever, mind you.) a letter was in the mail, stating that she was picked in the annual raffle for the Ultimate Lucky Student, an average student picked randomly for the Academy.

And here she was now, standing in front of the huge, black iron gates of the Academy. She entered, and soon she was walking down the entrance halls.

But everything went black.

-------------------------------------------------------

Taylor sat up in her bed, something lingering in the back of her mind. She was thinking of something very important, and yet she couldn't find out what it is.

She snapped her fingers, finally remembering after a few minutes. It was the day she had been waiting for: the day she'd have to go to Hope's Peak Academy.

As she stood up to get ready, she noticed that she wasn't in her bedroom; rather, she was in a room with a faint red floral pattern on the walls, a blue clean floor, and a camera looming ominously above her.

"Is this some kind of joke!? Because I'm sure no one renovated my bedroom overnight!" She muttered angrily, thinking that she may have to travel far to her house to get her things, worrying that she might be late to the academy.

She soon remembered something. She did travel to the academy already, but she didn't remember anything like the academy orientation or something...so she just shook it off and decided to just wander around a bit.

She spotted a small note on the desk. It was a note, with a greeting to the Academy and directions to the Main Hall written on it. Putting it in her pocket, Taylor marched out of the room.

After walking for a while, she saw a brown mahogany door. Pushing it open, she was taken aback at what she saw: fifteen other students gathered together.

"So you're all here!" A voice rang out from nowhere.

Taylor and the others looked at where the voice came from.

A girl their age was standing on a platform in the classroom. She had short white hair on the right, then jet black, long hair on the left. It was almost like she was half-angelic, half-evil. She had blood red eyes.

"Welcome to Hope's Peak Academy! You're all here to play a killing game!" The girl smirked.

"Wh-what!? What are you even telling us!?" A girl with short, black hair, smart black glasses, and red blazer said in disbelief.

"Well, duh, I'm the headmistress her, Monomari. You get out of here by killing one of your peers. If you get away with it without being discovered at the Class Trial-which is after an investigation-everyone dies while you escape. But if you are found out, you will be executed in a painful way, leaving others unharmed." Monomari explained.

"This is some sick joke!" A guy with spiky hair yelled.

"Oh, you wish. But it isn't. So, have fun killing, anytime, anywhere, anywho, anyhow! Don't forget to cover your tracks!" Monomari turned around, disappearing.

"Th-that...was..." Taylor trailed off.

"Insane." A slightly plump girl finished.

"So...uh, evidently we all had letters saying we're accepted into the academy." A girl with a paintbrush tucked behind her ear said.

"Yeah, but we all thought we were going alone." A boy with a basketball in his hand said.

"So why won't we get to know each other? It's kinda hard to talk to each other without using names, you know." A timid boy piped up.

"Good idea. I'm Hazel, Super High School Level Mathematician." The smart-looking girl with short hair said.

"Avigayle, Super High School Level Singer," A girl with an angelic voice said.

"LeMontre, SHSL Chess Player." A slightly small boy introduced himself.

"Carlos, SHSL Prankster." A grinning boy waved.

"Thalia's the name. SHSL Tennis Player." A sporty-looking girl with a racket in her hand and tennis ball in the other said.

"Lauren, Super High School Level Volleyball Player." A fair-complexioned girl with medium brown hair smiled.

"Ariadne, SHSL Observer." The plump girl said shyly.

"Taylor, Super High School Level Good Luck." Taylor introduced herself.

"You're the random student accepted by raffle?" Avigayle asked.

"Uh, yup." Taylor smiled a little.

"Uh, hi, I'm Dennis, SHSL Doodler." The timid boy spoke.

"My name is Danny, SHSL Gamer." A guy with a PSP in his hand said.

"Grey. Super High School Level Computer Artist." A boy with a fair complexion and some tech thingie in his hand said.

"Linn, Super High School Level Scion." The spiky-haired boy grinned smugly.

"Ashton, SHSL Basketball Player." The boy with a basketball said.

"Yale. SHSL Swimmer." A boy with small, Chinese-like eyes said.

"Dinah, SHSL Pianist." A slender, tall girl said.

"And I'm Amanda, Super High School Level Artist." The girl with the paintbrush said.

"So, why won't we explore a bit? Maybe we could find some wasy out aside from what that freak told us." Taylor suggested.

"I'M NOT A FREAK!" Monomari yelled, but disappeared quickly.

Ignoring Monomari, the others agreed, splitting up into groups of four. Taylor went with Hazel, Lauren and LeMontre.

In the back of fourteen students' minds, they were wondering:

"Is this even real?"

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you for reading my second book, and first story! This'll basically be a book of one-shots. If a one-shot gets at least five praising comments and five votes, I may upload Part II of it. If I have written more than five parts, I may turn it into its own book. But while I wait for votes or comments, I'll write another different one-shot about something.

EXAMPLE: After I wrote this chapter, there were no votes/comments yet. I'll write another chapter one-shot about something else like a Jelsa fanfic oneshot. But if one of them gets at least five praising comments and five votes, I may upload Part II of it. Same with the other one.

So, uh, just wanted to say hi to aezilthestar, LoreanSwift, and all my fellow students in real life! Shoutout to MangoKiwi too, because her DRM fanfic got me hooked on Danganronpa! So, uh, goodbye! :D