"I'm sorry, I'm so exhausted that I suddenly..." Emma panted as if catching her breathe. "It's like my heart only started beating right now."

"Can you stand?" Norman ask, reaching his hand in front of her, offering help.

"Norman, your hand...it's shaking."

"It must've been the nervousness and the tension." he simply said, then his voice changed into serious. "She's checking us out. She knows that her target is two people."

"But she doesn't yet know who they are. The transmitter can't identify us." Emma added and accepted the offering to stand. They soon walk away until they reach the room where the other kids are.

I stepped out from where I was hiding and walk pass the stairs, frowning.

"So you heard those too..." I look at the raven haired boy who stepped out below the stair case. "...Ray."

He look at me surprised but soon gained his composure and talk, "Yeah, they've been suspicious lately. They really are hiding something."

"It was you who gave me the bell to call for them. Could it be that you already know what they're talking about?" I ask and gave him a confused and suspicious look, looking straight into his eye.

He avoided my stare and sighs. "No. Let's go, we're going to be late for dinner."

Before he faces back and leave, I handed him the bell.

I look back to see Mama behind me, with her usual smile.

"What are you doing here, dear? The others are waiting." she started.

"I'm here to wait for you since you're not yet in the hall."

"Alright, let's go. Everyone's waiting."

I nodded. We proceeded entering the room. I sat near Phil where the empty chair is and Emma just behind me. Emma flinched when Mama entered.
When will I be able to have a chance to talk to them?

We prayed and started eating.

------------

3rd Person's POV

Iris woke up finding herself waking up at midnight. The image of Conny always showing up in her dreams.
First, a smiling ball of sunshine, and then the image turns into that same image she saw that night.

The first thing she heard was Emma sobbing, thinking she had a nightmare too. Iris slowly walk towards the girl's bed, trying to not wake anybody up.

"Emma?" she whispered. Said girl tried to wipe off her tears before looking towards the direction of the voice.

"Iris? I'm sorry for waking you up."

The worried girl put her hands over her sister's shoulder. She sat on the edge of the bed before asking, "You had a nightmare?"

Emma nods, not looking at the other anymore.

"It's alright. I'm here. You can tell me what the nightmare is all about." Iris said softly, comforting her sibling.

Emma first hesitated but decided to spill it out.
"It's about Conny. Her being pale, un-breathing, the look in her eyes is terrifying." Her voice started to crack. "I can't get myself to look somewhere else until someone...something is behind me." She started crying, pulling her legs in her chest and lowering her face into it. "I can't get over with the look in her face."

Iris froze. It's an odd coincidence, having Connie in both of their nightmares. "It's alright Emma, she's fine. Everything is fine." She tries to comfort Emma, and at the same time, herself. A bad feeling brewing on her stomach.
Emma's cry turned into sobs. She wanted to think that Conny is not yet...dead and Iris' words made it feel better. "I understand. You're close to her so it's natural for you to miss her."