Engagement Or Commitment

It's the engagement day.

Ragini is dressed up in a beautiful peach colour lehenga which is bought by laksh and few matching jewelleries. She looks heavenly. But her face showed only worry. Swara on the other hand is wearing the red lehenga which she paid herself after getting insulted and looks least interested about the happening.
Maheswari family arrives with dp, ap, rp and sujatha coming in the front all dressed up. Except sujatha no one is happy with the current happenings. Sujatha is bouncing in happiness. Sanskar comes first in a beautiful cream sherwani with maroon border work looking as handsome as ever. His face is glowing. Laksh on the other hand comes at last. He's wearing a Royal blue sherwani with cream border work. He looked like a Prince and his limp just added more handsomeness to his well built body. However his face is equally fallen and disturbed as Ragini. Shekhar welcomes all and shows them their seat. It's decides that engagement will happen in Badi while marriage will take place after two days in Maheswari mansion. Its more like a bidaai for swara and Ragini as right after the engagement everyone will leave for mm. Mehendi and sangeet will takes place there followed by marriage.

Two Royal chairs are present at the center of Badi and SanLak sat at each one respectively. Swara and Ragini are brought to the place and everyone's eyes gets stuck on Ragini's beauty. Laksh looked open mouthed at her for a while. Swara felt irritated at everyone's attention on Ragini. She decides to gain the lime light and starts dancing joined by few other girls. She dances on Prem Ratan Dhan Payo song. Ragini stands with her eyes fixed on ground. Everyone claps once the song ends and Swara leaves to sit with Laksh. A hesitating Ragini sits besides Sanskar who smiles warmly at her. Ragini gives a hesitating smile to him when Sanskar holds her hand. Laksh notices it and clenched his fist. Sujatha made Ragini and Sanskar dance forcibly. They both dances on the song Salaam e ishq. Ap cringes at the sight. Ragini after her unsuccessful attempts to avoid him looks at him to find him sitting with clenched fists and eyes closed. Her eyes are filled with tears too. She dances mechanically with sanskar.

The time for ring exchange arrives. Swalak and Ragsan are about to exchange the rings when durgaprasad shouts stop. She comes near laksh and slaps him hard shocking everyone. He shows something on his phone and Laksh gets equally shocked. It's the video of RagLak kissing due to the blackmailer. He gets completely shook when he heard another slap sound. This time it's Daadi who slapped Ragini as they too got the video. Ragini is crying and tries explaining them but none listens. Laksh says about what happened but none believes them. Ragini is crying vigorously as everyone's pointing at her character. Swara, Sumi and Dida didn't let go off the golden opportunity and lashes out at Ragini black and blue. The least expected thing is even Sanskar blamed laksh for betraying his own brother. Having had enough Laksh shouts at stop as with each passing minute everyone are badmouthing Ragini with all the nasty words that he couldn't control himself.

"Not a word more against Ragini yeah OK we agree. We both love each other and that's why we kissed. Now what do you want us to do" he blurted out without even thinking about the consequences this lie could make.

Dp looks disgusted at Laksh while Shekhar at Ragini. Ap is confused whether she should be happy that her dream pair is set or should be upset at the situation. The most affected is swara who didn't expect this turn the least. She cursed ragini for snatching her sister's fiancee. Laksh slapped swara when she crosses her limit by involving janki too along with ragini.

"just shut up. A word about Janki maa Will cost your life" laksh said shocking everyone.

"how do you know her?" Shekhar asks out of his wits.

"it's because it's Janki who saved his life in childhood and he considers her his first mother. As I already said we were close once. Ragini might not remember as she was very small. Both ragini and Laksh are very close to each other. After janki death I don't even want to face Shekhar as he cheated my friend. Laksh will not tolerate anyone saying a word about Janki "Ap said teary eyed.

Ragini finally understands their heart connection. Laksh is a long forgotten sweetheart of hers. A blur image of her playing with her best friend in childhood plays in her mind. Though she couldn't completely recall him she's sure enough that he was her idol and a warmth spread in her heart at this. She always questioned whether she's just attracted to Laksh but now she realizes that she's bonded to him by heart. She watched everything a mute spectator.

" but how will I get my son married to a characterless girl who's having affair with his brother" sujatha said menacing as all her dreams have been completely shattered.

"chachi.. If you don't want sanskar to marry ragini then fine but you don't have any damn right to badmouth her" laksh said disgusted at her words.

"what wrong did she say laksh? Now who will marry ragini as now whole community knows your about her affair with you?" sanskar asks heartless.

" ragini spoiled my name by insulting my upbringing. It's better if she dies. Now where will I find a groom for this characterless girl. Now my only work is to get her married to a widower or any older person as no one else will marry her. I don't want her in front of my eyes anymore " Dadi said with venom dripping in her voice.

" Enough.. You all want to get rid of ragini right? OK I'll marry her and no one now has the right to point her character as now she'll be my wife. Today only Ragini will leave with me from Badi. I don't want anyone in the name of her family with her. I'm enough to take care of her. The marriage will be done as per planned. Saying so he limped towards a crying Ragini and takes her hand. He walks towards the entrance not bothering about both the families and makes her sit in his car. He goes around to sit beside her when Ragini's expression suddenly changes. She looks towards sanskar who was smirking at her already. She smirks back while the car gets started. She showed thumbs up to him and left with laksh. Everyone else stood open mouthed unable to believe whatever happened.

Target :90+

Only two or three shots left.. It was a short yet amazing journey. Thank you all for it.

About every breath I take I would like to give it a quick closure and then concentrate on every breath I take.. Votes is also less there but let's not talk about it here. Hope you guys don't mind.

Dedicated to the one who pestered me continuously for the update @Darshu2

Bye. Have a good day