Sick day

I'm sorry if it's similar to any story I didn't remember if I have read it or not so please forgive me if it's similar to your story (_ _|||)

Cough leaves the magician mouth whose lying on the bed weakly "Urgh... I knew that it's not a good idea to jump into the sea." Reaching towards the medicine on his nightstand and shallow it he then lie down again "Now how am I going to the heist... Urgh I hope I could make it."

Opening the door to his magician friend house who didn't come to school today yes Shinichi change school to Ekoda for a certain circumstances, the cowlick step inside and walk towards the said room "Kaito are you okay?" Blinking his eyes weakly he saw his detective friend with a worried expressions "I...I'm okay Shin-chan..." The cowlick scoffed a bit "You still has the gut to call me Shin-chan while in that condition go to sleep Kaito." The stubborn magician shook his head weakly while coughing "I... I can't miss my work." Twitching his eyes a bit the cowlick threatened his friend "If you don't sleep I will shoot my soccer ball at your face so you will fall unconscious."

Chuckling weakly the magician wrap himself making the detective sigh "I will call Nakamori-chan to take care of you." The magician widen his eyes knowing Aoko would never let him go anywhere "Sh-Shinichi please no." The cowlick ignore the sick magician and dialled the young Nakamori. "I will give you some pill to sleep." Before the sick male could do anything the cowlick take him bridal style to the magician's parents room "It's bigger here and more comfortable." The magician blush when their face is close because of the cowlick checking his temperature.

The young Nakamori burst into the room running towards the room where the magician were in "Ahh Aoko-chan your here can I talk to you outside, Kaito is asleep." The messy hair girl nod and follow the detective outside "You guys promise Hakuba to attend the KID heist right? Could you call him say that your not available and if he doesn't believe you take a picture of the sick Kaito with you." The young Nakamori nod her head asking where is the cowlick going and all she got was a smile saying work.

After making sure that the girl with the sick magician the cowlick climb towards the magician room he find out about KID's secret along ago it was an accident but he kept it a secret from everyone even the magician himself. He push the secret button on the portrait wall remembering to close the curtain and fell right into the lair "Boochama aren't you sick?" Looking at the old man who call the cowlick 'Young Master' he shook his head "I'm sorry but I'm not Kaito." The old man seem shock seeing the famous detective Kudo Shinichi.

"What are you going to do? Arrest us?" The old man asked quite piss the cowlick smirk making the old man pissed more *So KID do have an assistant.* "If I'm arresting you guys I would done it ages ago and beside thieving isn't my thing." Shock by the answer he got the old man introduce himself "My name is Konosuke Jii just call me Jii." The cowlick smile extending his hand towards the old male "Nice to meet you Jii-san." The assistant walk past the cowlick asking why is he here making the detective smirk "Well I'm taking Kaito shift." Turning around not believing the cowlick who asked to be Kaito KID "Are you sure Kudo-sama?" Blinking his eyes being called 'Master' made him laugh "Eh~ Jii-san don't call me that and yes I will replace Kaito for today heist." Before the old male could say anything the cowlick shush him up pouting at a clock on the wall "My my Jii-chan~ A magician can't be late for its show right~" flickering his wrist making a yellow rose appear is actually a simple trick he learnt when he sees Kaito did it, the old man smile shaking his head "Ahh~ you look just like Boochama."

The detective smile asking the old man to show him the plan and tell him some easy tricks to fool the task force to be honest the cowlick actually really excited to prank the loud clumsy Keibu who will always pinch his cheeks until it's swollen or red, the planning has been perfect thanks to Shinichi's deduction they improve more for the heist. "It's gonna be a spectacular show Jii-san I can imagine it!" The old man smile seeing the energetic detective who is going to perform as Kaito KID *You must be laughing right now right Toiichi-sama.*

"What?! Kaito is sick?!" The blonde detective couldn't believe his ears, just now the young Nakamori called the British male to inform him that she couldn't make it to the heist because the magician had fallen sick he didn't believe her of course so the young Nakamori took selfie beside the sleeping Kaito on the bed with a towel on his forehead. Hakuba sweatdrop *than who will do the heist?* Feeling shiver run down his spike a gun pointing at his back the detective knew the oh so familiar card gun hearing a chuckle "So your friends couldn't make it Tantei-san~ Such a shame your guy friend fallen asleep." Shock by the statement he ask himself how did the thief knew then he look down on his hand seeing his phone went missing turning around the thief smirk holding it "Looking for this~" the thief threw the phone to its owner before snapping his finger as the clock strike 10 pm sharp.

The thief use his grappling hook to the tower while changing his attire in the middle of the air while being grappled the fans cheers seeing their idol "Ladies and Gentlemen looks like our sweet Nakamori Keibu has once again falied~" Face flushed at the thief statement the clumsy Keibu shouted at his men to go chase the thief some police who jump from the helicopter chase after the annoying thief who only laugh letting the task force stuck on some slime and feathers. The thief then steal the jewel neatly just like how the original KID would do but before he fly away he remember to put the British detective in a net before giving his hair a makeover and letting Nakamori Keibu wore some dress with heels. The thief laugh as he hand glide towards a small hidden building to meet up with Jii. "Man Jii-san that was fun!" The old man chuckle amused by the detective show "It is indeed Kudo-sama you really could be Boochama's partner." They laugh at the statement.

Well a certain magician isn't amused oh yes he isn't, when he woke up he saw that he had missed his heist and when he watched the news about Kaito KID whose isn't him he wasn't amused one bit even if the fake KID had done a good job doing the heist the same way the original KID -note the sarcasm- do it he is still unamused. The magician wait at his house knowing who the fake KID was hearing the door bell the magician quickly went to open it revealing an unamused detective who asked him why is he here "Your the fake KID aren't you?" The cowlick make a confuse face "Why in the world would I be an annoying thief who did nothing but prank people?" The magician silence he knew that the cowlick had a point "And beside thieving isn't my thing." The cowlick turn around smirking to himself leaving a dumbfounded magician before he close the door he say something which made Kaito red "Next time wear some other underwear colour except for white your not innocent at all~" "S-SHINICHI!"

[][][]

Konosuke Jii sit in his room looking at a picture of him with the former magician "He remember your words Toiichi-sama but I guess it's because his young that's why he can't remember who told him those words.... He can act just like Boochama..." The old man sigh before picking up the picture and stare at it.

Before the KID heist~

"Why do you want to help Boochama Kudo-sama? You yourself a detective." The old male asked the cowlick while we're staring at the KID's outfit "Well Jii-san we do things that wasn't in our intention, we have two path and we just happened to choose the wrong one... So now we need to be someone who is apart of our life to bring justice or to just statisfy our need, becoming someone else while we ourselves is a different person. People around us could only asked questions and give their judgement but we ourselves choose our next path whether it's good or bad." The cowlick said while slowly caressing the transparent wall of the KID's attire, and leaving a dumbfounded old man who look at the young detective seeing someone patting a little boy's head saying the same stuff *So it's Kudo-sama and the boy isn't Boochama...* "T-toiichi s-sama" he said in a low voice even the cowlick sharp ears could catch "Hmm what is it Jii-san?" The old man smile shaking his head.

***

Bonus~~

"Ahahhahhahahahahah!!!! D-did you t-turn into a ch-chicken Hakubastard!" The blonde wish he could kill the magician who were laughing loudly while the cowlick just chuckle silently at him too, yes the heist is ridiculous the thief who he knew was fake gave him a red hair and attached some glue to some feathers and stick in on his head, the blonde detective slam his hand on his desk standing up pointing at the laughing magician"It's your assistance fault!" The magician masked a shock expressions and hold his heart "How could you! I have no assistant or such thing! I was even sick! Even you had a video chat with Aoko!"

The blonde detective grab Aoko mop and swing it hitting the magician directly on his head which make him fall onto his butt "Ow! What the hell?!" The blonde detective smirk and sit back down and the magician glare at a certain witch who obviously cast a spell on him so he wouldn't move.