Chapter Seven- Last Goodbye

After screaming I opened my eyes checking my arms and legs, no bugs. I sighed in relief and suddenly my mom ran into the room

"honey, are you okay?"

"yes I'm fine, just a bad dream"

"well let's get up, we gotta get a move on your leaving today"

I sighed and walked into the bathroom locking the door behind me, I still have these bags under my eyes. I took off my clothes and left them on the floor, stepping into the shower. I turned on the water and shivered at the cold water pouring down my back.'showers always help' my best friends voice echoed in my mind. I wonder if Megan misses me, she's probably worried sick, I havnt used my phone since that day. She probably had fun that night while I was crying, I shivered and turned up the water, someone was using the kitchen sink.

I turned around to reach for the shampoo. This is the last time I will be alone until I get back from camp. I love Nathan, I love everything about him. I couldn't find a flaw if I looked for one and he left me for no reason. Even as I was in the shower the tears fell again, because of him my life isn't the same, I'm not who I used to be. I began to run my fingers through my blonde hair, it was so long now it stuck to my back. My body started to turn red as the water got hotter but the pain felt good, the phsyical pain stopped the mental pain. I turned up the water as hot as it could go and it scolded my body turning my once pale skin into a bright red color, it was so hot some of my skin started to peal.

I must have been in for too long, I could hear my mother calling for me. I shut off the water and wrapped myself in a towel. The skin on my shoulders was peeling, like a bad sunburn.

"let's go Hope, we are leaving in ten minutes"

I walked to my room with a towel around me, I knew exactly what I was going to wear, nathans sweatshirt and my old jeans. I put them on quickly and grabbed my bag filled with everything I needed.

"Hope!!!, let's go!!"

"Alright Mom, I'm coming!"

I walked out the door quickly, I knew it was going to take hours to get there. I would just sleep the whole way there, that's what I normally do. I walked outside and opened the back door of the car and threw in my bag and sat.

"So how long is this going to take?"

"two hours" she said, not so happily.

I wasn't happy either, I just wanted to stay home. I felt the car jolt forward and I watched my house disappear out the rear view mirror, it got smaller and smaller until I couldn't see it anymore and I felt myself start to shrink with it. I rested my eyes for a little while and felt myself starting to fall asleep.

I bright light was swinging above me, in short little circles making me blind. I could hear my voice echoing the three words I never said to him 'I love you' over and over again. Footsteps came closer, 'i love you' said my voice again. I tried to move but I was tied to a chair. Water started to come close I felt the cold water on my feet. I couldn't see where it was coming from, it almost seemed like it came from every direction, drenching my feet. 'I love you' I heard again and again.

The water got higher and started to drench my ankles, even as there was a light above me I couldn't see what was in front of me, nothing but darkness. I kept hearing the three words over and over and I started to cry, I felt the tears flow down my cheeks.

"make it stop!!!" I cried but my words just echoed, like I was in a cave, a cave that was sinking into the water.

I felt the icy cold water start to cover my theighs but I still couldn't move, there was nothing I could do. I started to cry harder and my voice echoed again and again.

"please, somebody help me!" I kept crying.

The water started to reach my knees and I felt myself start to fade, start to accept the fact that I was going to die. I took a deep breath and started to enjoy those breaths as the water rose to my neck, then my chin, then slowly over my mouth.

"goodbye Nathan" I said and that's the last word that echoed before the water went over my nose.

I closed my eyes and felt darkness come closer to me. Suddenly I felt myself shake and my eyes opened.

"Hope let's go we are here"

"w-what?"

"come on you have to get on the bus"

"mmmm"

"so will you miss me?"

"yes mom, goodbye" I said giving her a hug, then I got on the bus wishing I could stay here.