Falling into a trap

Start from the beginning

"No, I worked tables and learned how to fight properly. The owner didn't feel I fit a dancer profile. I busted my ass to get to where I am now," Asher explained. "Now, I'm in charge of the dancers and your bodyguard."

"That reminds me, what happened to Tyler?" I questioned.

Asher looked at me as I looked back at him. "Tyler made the wrong choices. You don't double dip and screw the owner over with your decisions. Don't ask questions, Landon. It's better that way," Asher explained.

I dropped the topic. The more questions I asked, the more Asher told me to stop.  I didn't understand it.

"Landon, trust me, it's for your protection. The more you inquire, the deeper you get. Some things are better left alone," Asher warned me.

I nodded, knowing Asher was right. I didn't realize that Asher would be my biggest ally in what was to come.

I checked the time and went to shower. When you work nights, you sleep all day and lose track of time. Maintaining college classes wasn't an option.

I stood under the shower as the water cascades off my body. I reflected on my life. It was an excellent time to think. I came from a wealthy, powerful family who was anything but that. My parents didn't flaunt our wealth and raised us humbly. My parents raised us to treat people accordingly and respect them.

I turned the shower handles, turning off the shower, and got out. I dried off and placed my towel back on the rack, then dressed. After I finished, I came out of the bedroom and met Ashton at the front door.

"For a guy, you're very neat," Asher mentioned as I looked around at my apartment, which was immaculate.

"I prefer tidiness over being a slob," I responded as Asher chuckled.

I didn't grow up with housekeepers and taught to clean up after myself. Dad never had personal servants in the house. He was adamant about how we lived because of Mom. It was a better childhood. The only thing we had was bodyguards because my father is Vincent Powers. When your father is a high profiled man, people target you.

We left for the club. I got into the front passenger side as Asher got into the driver's side. He drove us to the club, and we got out of the car, walking inside as I made my way to the bar.

Tasha was setting up the bar for the night. I leaned on it as she stood up and jumped as I startled her. I looked at Tasha as she put her hand on her chest.

"Christ, Landon. You about gave me a heart attack. Don't do that!" Tasha exclaimed, snapping me with a towel. I smiled, then chuckled as I stood there.

"Tash, you should learn by now that I did this every time I come in here," I reminded Tasha.

"And you should know that makes you a prick," Tasha told me.

"Why yes, I do have one, which the ladies thoroughly enjoy," I responded, earning an eye roll.

"You're something else, Landon," Tasha remarked.

"Well, I could be, if someone would agree to a date with me," I mentioned, feeling bold.

I gave Tasha a devilish smile as she shook her head.

"Landon, you know the rules. Coworkers aren't allowed to date," Tasha reminded me.

"No one will know if we don't tell them," I said as Tasha looked at me.

Before Tasha said anything, I heard a familiar voice that I cringed hearing.

"Landon," Candace said.

I turned and faced Candance. "Candace," I said, my tone clipped.

"Come to my office," Candace instructed as she turned and walked away.

Great, now I had to fight off the barracuda before my shift. I looked at Tasha as she gave me a sorry look. I shook my head.

I went to Candace's office and sat down in a chair. Candace closed her office door and walked over to me. Candace stood in front of me as I sat there and started pulling up her skirt, revealing she wasn't wearing panties.

"I have something for you, and it's all ready," Candace purred.

I looked at Candace as she dangled her sweet spot in front of me.

"It will not happen. Put your skirt down," I ordered Candace.

Candace's smile disappeared as she yanked her skirt down.

"I don't appreciate your refusal of pleasing me," Candace snapped.

I stood up and looked at Candace. "Desperation isn't a good look on you," I remarked as I left Candace's office, pissing her off. I didn't care if my comment angered her. I had no interest in a washed-up milf who attempted to screw anyone with a prick.

I walked past Tasha and smiled as she rolled her eyes. Tasha knew what Candace did to me every time I came to the club, and it became a running joke between us.

I went into the dressing room and got ready. I was leading the other dancers and opening the show. As I finished changing into my outfit, Beau came into my dressing room.

"Landon, can you float me a bill? I promise to pay you back," Beau said anxiously.

I looked at Beau and shook my head. "Beau, I will not float you any money, and you need to get your head straight. If Asher finds out you're messing with a smack, he will beat the hell out of you," I warned Beau.

"Come on, Landon. I will take your VIPs tonight," Beau offered.

"Craig is taking my VIPs tonight since we are the same size," I answered.

"I will take the customers that Craig doesn't want for you," Beau offered.

"The answer is no. I will not support your addiction," I told Beau. Beau left my dressing room, dejected. I shook my head in disbelief. The other guys and I have an arrangement. Whatever money I receive from the VIPs, they get fifty percent for any sexual favors I didn't want to do with the customers. I didn't tell anyone about my arrangement.

Asher came into the dressing room. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"It's showtime," I said, smiling.

I got up and made my way to the stage. Five other dancers got into formation with me as Flame opened the show.

"Ladies, are you ready from some entertainment?"  Flame asked over the microphone.

We heard the crowd erupt in screams.

"Give it up for the businessman and his associates!" Flame declared as the music started and the curtain opened.

We stood there, then crossed our legs, moving our arms to the opposite side. I reached up and whipped off my hat and tossed it. As we danced, I slid my coat down and threw it. We performed a routine to Its Raining Men.

As we danced, we ripped off our pants, tossing them to the side. I moved, gyrating my hips, and jerked my hips. Then I got low, crawling across the stage as I stalked my way to the crowd. I spun and did a pelvic thrust, sending the customers into a frenzy.

I got up and danced, moving my hips as if I enticing a woman. I reached down and pulled a customer into the stage as I dirty danced with the woman. I let the customer go, and she went back to her seat as we finished the routine.

After the dance number, I walked off stage as Asher guided me to the VIP room. I entered as a customer sitting in a chair. I dimmed the lights, then performed a lap dance. When I finished with the customer, Asher showed another woman to the VIP room. The minute a customer wanted more, I switched with Craig.

It was the perfect setup, but I will learn that with perks of the job, comes a seedier side of the business. It's one that will draw me in, and it will take particular people to rescue me.

Get ready because we are making a time jump in the next chapter. You will see one side of what Landon encounters; now you will see the other side.