grass(heads)can fly?!

"May we have to go now," May's mom called up the stairs to her sleeping daughter, "You will miss the flight otherwise!" May woke up and screamed, "OH NO! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER?!" "I tried," May's mom shook her head, "You just kept sleeping!" 

May hurried around her room, making a lot of noise in her quest to get ready and not miss the flight to her new school. She was going to be going to Sinnoh High School, all the way over in the Sinnoh region! In her school... well, lets just say she didn't have happy memories in her school. "MOM!" May yelled, "WHERE IS MY SUITCASE?! I SWEAR I PACKED IT!!!" 

"It's down here sweetie! Now come on or we REALLY will miss the flight!" May's mom replied and May ran downstairs, brushing her hair as she took two steps down at a time. May's mom looked at her in amusement, "Are you ready now honey?" 

"Ye-" pant, pant, "Yeah...!" As May and her mom walked to the car, May quickly tied her red bandanna around her head, she left behind most of her wardrobe but there was no way she could leave this behind! It was too important... 

---TIME SKIP---

"I'm going to miss you honey," May's mom wrapped her arms around her daughter, "Call me as soon as you land, okay?" May hugged her mom back and nodded, "Of course! I gotta go now or I won't get through customs in time to board my flight, bye mom! Love you!" May turned around and took her suitcase off her mom and walked away. 

Soon she boarded the airplane and had a seat next to the window. Plugging in her headphones, she turned on music and started to hum along. May always loved music and even knew how to play guitar but she had sent her own guitar to the school's dormitories already. She hoped there was a music club at her new school, she couldn't wait to play again. 

May thought she was going to be sitting alone but just before the plane took off, a green haired boy sat down beside her. While his vibrant green hair was weird- the girls who were outside waving and blowing kisses towards him were way weirder. 

"Want me to move over so you can say goodbye to your little fan club?" May mocked, raising an eyebrow at him tauntingly with a mischievous smirk. He looked at her and flicked his hair deliberately, "And force a beautiful lady like you to move? Not a chance," he smiled charmingly, "My name is Drew Hayden, what is yours?" 

May internally raised an eyebrow, was this guy... flirting?! No way... not with her. Nobody would want to flirt with someone like May...

(flashback)

"You thought I loved you? Who would ever love an ugly whore like you?"

"I heard she had sex with that seven guys while she was still dating him!"

"Why did they ever date? She's so ugly, look at her!"

"Disgusting!"

"Bitch!" 

"Slut!" 

May was broken out of her thoughts by a hand being waved in front of her face, "Hello?" Drew called, a concerned look on his face, "Anyone in there?" 

"O-oh... Sorry!" May stammered, "I spaced out for a second there, hehe..." she scratched the back of her neck sheepishly, avoiding eye contact. "Oh? Distracted by my beauty, were you?" he smirked, doing that annoying thing with his hair again. 

"NO!" May scowled, "You're so full of yourself!" "Maybe," Drew agreed, offering her a rose, "But before you disregard me completely, don't you think it's a tad bit unfair that you know my name but I don't know yours?" 

May looked at the flower offered towards her and hesitantly took it, "Guess I have no choice then... My name's May Maple." 

"And what brings a beauty like you into the sky? Trying to get back into heaven, where angels like you belong?" Drew leaned back into his seat, eyes still locked with May's own. 

"Stop with all the flirting!" May shook her head, trying to clear her head of the negative thoughts that were coming back, "It's making me uncomfortable!" Drew paused, and pursed his lips together, "Alright, if you say so, but for real this time, why are you flying?" 

May looked out the window at the fan club that was slowly dispersing now that Drew wasn't giving them any attention anymore, some of them giving her scorching looks that she ignored, "I'm going to a new school there. How about you?" She felt a lot more comfortable now that he agreed to stop being flirty, he seemed nice enough but... she knew from experience that some people never showed their true colours until later on...

"I was just on vacation here in Hoenn, I'm going back home for the new school year," Drew replied, "Is the school you're going to Sinnoh High school by any chance?" 

May blinked in surprise, "How did you know? Do you go there too?" she was now even more invested in this conversation, maybe Drew could tell her a couple of things about the school before they landed so everything wasn't a shock. 

"Just a lucky guess and yeah I do," Drew bit his lip, tips of his ears reddening as he inched away because of the significant gap that May had just closed between them, he cleared his throat as he looked away, "A...anything you want to know about it?" 

May, seemingly oblivious to how flustered Drew was just got closer in excitement, "Is there a music club?!" 

"A- huh?" Drew took a few moments to register what she had asked, "Yeah, along with a few other clubs such as-" he was about to begin listing them when she cut him off, "No offence but I don't care about the other clubs," she smiled sheepishly, looking off to the side. 

'That's a cute face she just made...' Drew thought before he realised what he thought and pounded the thought with a 50 pound hammer, May had already said she was uncomfortable with his flirting! It was hard to accept someone didn't fall for his charm but... she seemed like a nice girl and he didn't want to ruin his chances of friendship with her! 

"I- I feel that- I'm only interested in the art club..." Drew offered, smiling shakily back at May who hummed and cocked her head, "You're an artist?" 

"Yeah," Drew looked away, embarrassed, why did he tell her this stuff so easily? Usually he tried to keep that hidden from people but when he was with May it was like all his carefully constructed walls turned to mush. It was stupid! He just had a little crush! He had crushes before and it was never like this!

"Do you have any drawings you could show me?" May asked, before she yawned loudly, "Man... I'm tired," she sighed. 

"Not right now," Drew replied, "I have some in my dorm back at the school though, maybe once you've gotten settled in you could- uh- come find me and I'll show you?" he offered. 

"That sounds good," May nodded sleepily. "You look like you're ready to collapse," Drew scoffed, "You should get some sleep April." April? APRIL? Where the hell did that one come from? Drew suppressed a sigh, even he admitted that was a poor tease.  

May narrowed her eyes at him, "Shut it grass head..." she murmured but before Drew could even muster up the words to respond May's eyes drooped close and she fell asleep. Head falling onto Drew's shoulder. 

Drew did not make a small noise in the back of his throat and he definitely did not blush. 

---

a/n: sry for errors and i hope u enjoyed first chapter~! :3