~A Familiar Face~

Start from the beginning

"Dude..wake uP." Vad i helvete?

"Minn? C-Can I ask you something..important?" Iowa asked. He sounded very nervous. He looked like it too. He had red all over his face.

"..Okay?" I answered. His moves were swift as he leaned into my face. I felt his lips on mine. They were..interestingly soft. He took my hand in his. We parted.

"So..?" He asked, blushing intensely.

"Well..for starters that was not a question!" I joked, also blushing. "It was more of a physical statement. And I agree with that statement!" His eyes lit up.

"Really?"

"Yeah!" Something was heard in the distance.

"I got it. WAKE THE F#CK UP! B!TCH!" Water hit my face. It was cold. I blinked, and I was in a different world.

"Wha-?" I was very confused. Someone came out of the dark and hugged me out of nowhere.

"YOU'RE ALIVE!" it screamed.

"Yes, I'm alive..?" I stated as more of a question. I looked down to see who was hugging me. I blushed intensely when I saw who it was. It was Iowa.

"Iowa, get offa 'im!" Another voice shouted. I looked to see Texas standing in front of me. We were outside, I was against a tree, the sun was setting, it was a warm breezy evening.

"Where are we and..what happened?" I asked him.

"You were hit in the 'ead wit' a bat," someone said behind Texas. It was Arkansas. He was holding a bucket. I didnt wanna question anything so my answer was,

"Is that why my clothes are soaked?"

"Yeah, you were knocked out. So I threw water on ya. You kept muttering things under your breath..there were a couple times you actually flinched and screamed softly."

"..Like what?"

"Well..at one point you screamed, 'F#CK YOU TOO!' Iowa was hit by that the hardest."

"Huh- WOAH!" I was pulled into the woods. "Vad i fan, man?!"

"Minn? C-Can I ask you something..important?" Iowa asked. He sounded very nervous. He looked like it too. He had red all over his face.

"..Okay?" I answered. His moves were swift as he leaned into my face. I felt his lips on mine. They were..interestingly soft. He took my hand in his. We parted.

"So..?" He asked, blushing intensely.

"Well..for starters that was not a question!" I joked, also blushing. "It was more of a physical statement. And I agree with that statement!" His eyes lit up.

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

"But I thought you were strai-"

"Oh b!tch, please. No. I've been Pansexual my entire life." I gave him a smirk as we started heading back to the states. Something caught my attention.

"Minn?"

"I'll meet with you in a bit." I waited until I couldnt hear him anymore. I rolled up my sleeve. I see the same scars as the ones in what I could only describe as "dream". I heard a twig snap. I faced the direction to my right, in which it came from. A figure emerged from the ominous darkness surrounding us. I took a step back.

"You're not supposed to be here." It started toward me. I thought it was my best decision to run back. I heard its footsteps behind, coming closer with each step until-

They stopped. I reached the states. I have to say, everyone has been acting weird since I awoke. Something told me to get to the graveyard atop of the hill down the street. I did so. I snuck away and made it to the old rusty thing. I looked around a bit until something caught my attention. A gravestone. It read,

-Here lies Minnesota St. Paul-
-Star of the North-
-Land of 10,000-
-1858 - 2003-
-Suicide-
-Will Be Missed-
-In Heaven-
-Goodbye-
-Adjö-

It was the same headstone as the one in the vision. I looked up and down the line of headstones. All the states' names were there. America's was there. So we're all dead? It triggered a memory. It was a slideshow of each and every states death. Ame died first from the Confederacy along with the original 13 colonies minus New York. Flori died in a hurricane with Cuba and Puerto Rico. Cali was earthquaked. Texas was rammed by a bull. Arkansas shot Hawaii, Louisiana, and New Mexico with a pistol, and then himself. He had psychosis. Washington and Oregon were poisoned. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky were playing Russian Roulette. They all died. Tennessee won the game, and decided it wasnt worth continuing with life. Wisconsin and Idaho died from food poisoning, Iowa, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, and Nevada went bugie jumping off a cliff together. Their ropes snapped. Arizona fell into the Grand Canyon, along with Utah. Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri all died in the same storm. Wyoming and Colorado fought to the death. Colorado won, but died due to injuries sustained during the fight. North and South Dakota drowned eachother. North Carolina had a heart attack after hearing that South Carolina died from another hurricane. West Virginia and Virginia played Russian roulette by themselves until they died. Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia went skydiving. Their parachutes failed. Alaska, with the highest suicide rate, ended up flat out shooting himself in the head with a 10mm. I..also committed suicide..but in the exact same way I did in the vision. New York did the same when he found he had no more friends. This happened over the course of many years.

"I miss you.." I turned around to see Canada sitting there with tears in his eyes. He had a gun with him. He was apparently still alive. He lifted the gun to his head.

BANG

He went limp, blood pouring out of his head. So it turns out we're all dead. So my suicide was just a replay. But doesnt that mean..I was never. . . .

"U n n o t i c e d ?"

——————————————————
And that's the end of the book everyone! I'm sorry I didnt keep my promise of only 10 chapters, I had too much to write, and yet, so little. And no, I will NOT be doing a sequel, so dont ask for one! Okay, that's the end, Goodbye~!

1-800-273-8255

-Suicide Helpline

NOT EVERY STORY HAS A VERY HAPPY ENDING...

:)

——————————————————