The Quest Part 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

Go to the place where Dylan and you made a big announcement to find the words to our favorite quote. In the right order, you will receive your next clue from Andy.

I walk onto Dylan's back porch, assuming Danny meant when Dylan and I announced our engagement. Lined up in Dylan's yard are words and phrases written on cardboard boxes. Looking at the words and thinking about all of the quotes I like, I pick the one that may have all of these words and phrases in it. I start by putting the word I think comes first at the beginning of the line and put the author at the end. I rearrange the rest of the boxes inside the way I think they go and look to Andy for approval. He shakes his head and I try again. I repeat the process for another 20 minutes before finally getting it right.

""Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side for God is always right."- Abraham Lincoln." I read aloud to Andy, receiving a simple nod. Andy pulls out a piece of paper and reads what is written on it, or at least some of what is written on it, to me as my next clue.

Meet that guy that made the decision on who you were going to marry for you at the place where that occurred.

"Time to meet up with Dylan again. Andy, it's back to the youth building." Dylan, a little out of breath, is relaxing on one of the couches in the back of the youth room. "What did you do, run here or something? I didn't see your jeep out front, nor did I hear you start a car at your house."

"As a matter of fact, I did run here. I went to start my jeep and the thing wouldn't start. I was supposed to be here before you showed up, so I ran here. Now if you're done asking questions,-" I cut Dylan off.

"I thought you weren't supposed to talk to me, isn't that the rule?"

"I kinda have to talk for this challenge. I accidentally dropped the cookie in a puddle on my way here and the whole thing was destroyed. I have the clue written down somewhere just in case something like this were to happen." Dylan riffles through his many pockets before pulling out a folded up piece of scratch paper. "This is what Danny wrote for the cookie, "On the way that day you chose me, we talked about a cat, but not just any cat..." That's all he wrote. How does he expect you to get the answer from such a perplexing clue?"

"That cat the was killed by its own curiosity." I say, smiling brightly at a baffled Dylan. Danny still brings up the curious cat subject now and then.

"That's it! How did you? That clue was so cryptic."

"I'm just that smart."

"Sure, that's it. Here's your next clue." Dylan hands me his scratch paper covered with his notes from earlier today and the next clue.

Meet your niece in your old room of the house you helped buy.

"What happened to the actual clue?" Andy asks.

"I may have accidentally spilled something on it."

"You are such a klutz today." We all laugh and say our goodbyes. I walk up to my old room in Andy's house and find Gwenn, sitting in the middle of my old bed, reading one of her books. Gwenn tosses me the next cookie, not even looking up from her book.

Find the book you were reading when I first found you in your secret place.

I only took the books from secret room when I moved out and left everything else to whoever inherits this room next. I push on the wall where the door is, unlocking the door, and push the door to my left. I walk into the room to find Andy has already invaded the space with his own books. I search through each f his unorganized bookshelves until I find "House" by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker. I take my book out and show it to Gwenn, receiving a nod. I notice for the first time a bookmark inside. I turn to the page and inside, written on a sticky note, is my next clue.