Finding Sam Wilson

Sam Wilson had arrived home. His nephews hurried over to him and hugged him. He expressed joy to see them and joined his sister. At first she complained about the possibility of losing the job and their parent's boat. He knew she was stressing and immediately got to thinking how to save it. They worked through the day and near evening, they made dinners in their home. His nephews helped pack the boxes and Sam and his sister headed out. "No video games!" She told them. The boys smiled. "Yes! Video games!" They defiantly replied. Sam and his sister left their home. The boys counted to three and began to run to the living room. As they did, a woman, dressed in all black, quietly stepped down the stairs. She stood at the bottom. Her long hair hanging down. She slowly lifted her chin as the boys took their controllers and turned on the game system. Sam and his sister went to the bank. He tried getting a loan, to save the house and boat. But the banker told him bad news. He hadn't had an income for 5 years. Sam assured, it was because he was dusted. Like quite a few other people. But, that wasn't enough. They couldn't do anything.

They left the bank and headed for his truck. He assured her he'd get a loan. However he can. They won't lose the house. Or the boat. "I've just come to terms with it, Sam. Maybe you should too." His sister told him. "I'm not losing our livelihood." He told her. They took the boxes with food and headed off. After they left the food for the homeless, they returned back home. "Hey boys! What game are you..." Sam asked but halted in his steps. He was staring at this woman with a side eye to him. Holding both boys's chins in her metal hands. "Wait. Wait." He pleaded. His sister hurried over then screamed. Sam kept her behind him. The boys looked to Sam and their mother. Terrified. "Whatever you want, I'll give it to you." He said. "Sam Wilson." She snarled. "You want, Sam Wilson?" He asked her. She snarled again. The boys whimpered. "Okay! Okay! Well hey. Hey. I....am Sam Wilson. Okay?" He told her. "No lies." She told him. Sounding with a Russian accent. "No! No lies. It says so on my license." He assured. She pushed the children to the floor and slowly stood. Still looking at him like a ravenous animal.

"Boys?" He asked. "We're okay!" The oldest called out. She began to approach Sam. He began to walk backwards, away from his sister, who stood back. He lead the woman into the dining area. "I know those hands. My friend had one just like it." He said. She stopped. "Had?" She asked. "Yeah. He's got a new one now. It's black." He told her. She grabbed Sam's throat and lifted him into the air. He held onto her arm. His sister hurried to her sons and got them up from the floor. The woman slammed Sam onto the table. "SAM!" His sister cried out. "Where is he?! Where is Winter Soldier?!" The woman asked. "I'm not totally sure!" He answered. "He won't answer my texts!" He told her. She pulled him off the table and threw him to the floor. He dropped, then rolled and got up. She faced him. "What do you want with him?" Sam asked. "You protect him?" She asked, then tilted her head. "Girl, what is wrong with you?" He asked her. "Winter Soldier!" She screamed. His sister held her sons close and tight. "Alright! Alright! I'll try to get a hold of him. But it's not guaranteed." He said.

Sam pulled out his phone and tapped it. Then put it to his ear. She kept watching him, with wild eyes. The line kept ringing. She blinked but never changed focus. Voicemail came on. "Buck. You gotta come here fast. There's a woman here with metal hands and wild eyes." Sam said into the phone. "She keeps asking for you." He paused, then spoke "The Winter Soldier." He said. She began to slowly tilt her head to the other side. Her eyes scanned down his body then back up to his eyes. "She seems pretty feral. Better get on it." Sam added then hung up. "There. He'll be on his way. All you gotta do is wait now." He said. "Who is Buck?" She asked. "That's The Winter Soldier. Bucky. That's his name." He told her. She looked to the sofa. "Listen uh...I gotta work on my boat. Would you come with me?" He asked her. His sister looked to Sam. Worried for his safety. The woman looked back to him. "Fine." She huffed. "Alright." He told her. He began to walk towards her. She turned and began to approach near his sister and nephews. "Now hold up! Wait!" He called out.

She stopped. "You make red and blue come, I kill everyone." She warned. His sister kept her sons close. "Nobody's dying. Okay?" Sam said. She turned around and faced Sam. She gestured to the door. He walked on ahead of her and she followed him. They had a quiet walk down the dock to the ship. Then he climbed on. She looked at the boat. He looked to her. "What's the matter?" He asked. "How does it float?" She asked. He chuckled. "I wonder that too. But it does. Come on." He ushered. She looked to him. "Or take your time." He added. She walked onto the boat and stepped up to him. He turned then climbed down into the engine room. She stayed up top but peered inside. He looked to her. "Afraid of small spaces?" He asked. "I fear nothing." She told him, with grimace. "Okay then. Whatever your name is." He said. Then began to tinker with the engine. "Viktoriya." She told him. He stopped. "Now that is a beautiful name." He complimented, before starting to tinker again. She watched as he did. "Hope that does it." He said, then stood back from it. He headed to the ladder and started to climb up. She stood and stepped back. He climbed up then turned and headed to the cabin. She watched down at the engine. He entered the cabin and turned the key.

The boat engine sputtered and stopped. Sam sighed. She looked to the cabin. He looked back, then ahead to the family photos in the boat. He reached and touched his father in one photo. Then put his hand down. "What is that?" She asked. "That's pictures. Of my family." He told her. She examined them then leaned forward. "You don't speak English. Do you?" He asked her. She slowly stood then looked to him. "Why you talk to me?" She asked, in broken English. "Because I know you. I, know your type." He told her. "Buck was the same. I know." He added. Then walked out of the cabin. She followed him. "He was a victim of Hydra. Which, I know you probably are. That's why you're looking for him. Right?" He asked her. Then got down onto the dock and faced her. She walked off and faced him. "I am no victim. I was best they had. I trained Winter Soldier." She informed him. "Oh! So everything he knows, you taught him! That....well." He said, and rested his hands on his hips. "You aren't like him though. And you also have two metal hands. Is it just your hands?" He asked.

"Arms. And legs."
"All of your limbs?!"
"Da."
"Wow. They....really did a number on you didn't they?"
"I was Hydra's greatest."
"I'll bet you were."

She looked around, then back to him. "When is Winter Soldier arriving?" She asked. He took his phone out and looked at it. He seemed concerned. She kept her focus on him. He looked at her. "Uh, not yet. But I have something else I gotta do. Just, you might need to be hanging around for a bit." He told her, then began jogging onto the dock. She followed close behind. They both entered the house and he hurried upstairs then into a bedroom. She stood in the room. He turned on his computer and attached a file to it. Then began to play a video while he video called his friend. "I thought you were supposed to track 'em online." Sam told his friend. "I was. But sometimes you gotta get a little ground work done." His friend answered. "I see him. And yeah. He is strong." Sam told. "Yeah." His friend agreed. Viktoriya slowly stepped forward. Peering over Sam's shoulder. "Uuhhhh, Sam? You got a girlfriend?" His friend said with a smile. "No. Joaquin, this is Viktoriya." Sam introduced. While writing something down. "Hi!" Joaquin said, with a smile.

She looked to the cellphone. "What is this?" She asked. "I've been investigating a group. They hide and only come out at certain times. They think that...the World was better when everyone was dusted." He informed her. "They are wrong." She responded. "Couldn't say it any better, girl. Trust me." He agreed. She began to stand upright. "This man." She spoke, then looked to the computer screen. "Joaquin." Sam told her. "I will make ally." She told. Joaquin smiled. "Alright. Good. I'll have to circle back around to you, man." Sam told him. "Alright. Keep you in the loop. Bye Vik!" Joaquin said. She gave a nod. Sam ended the video call. "These people. They are targets?" She asked. "No they....we don't know enough information yet." Sam told her. His sister hurried upstairs and Sam changed the screen to normal. Viktoriya stepped aside quickly and faced his sister as she rushed into the room. She halted as she saw Viktoriya. "It's okay. I'm breaking her down. And, she's just waiting for Bucky." Sam told her. She took the remote and faced the tv. "You gotta see this." She told Sam. Viktoriya watched too.

The Senator was speaking about needing new heroes. And he announced, a new Captain America. Viktoriya's metal hands clasped into fists. Clinking as they met. She tensed up in her shoulders and leaned forward a bit. Sam's sister moved away from her. Sam saw the new Captain America had Steve Rogers' shield. The new Captain America winked. His sister turned off the TV and put the remote down. Sam was dumbfounded. Viktoriya looked to the wall to her left. "Now I have two enemies." She stated. Then looked to the doorway. "We're gonna take this one at a time. Okay?" Sam asked of her. "We?" She asked. "Yeah." Sam told her and turned in his office chair to look at her. "I said we." He said and put his right hand out to her. She looked to his hand. Then began to slowly release her hands from being fists. She reached her right hand forward and shook his hand.