The Shield

John walked away after the scene he had unleashed on the public. Sirens were sounding in the distance, closing in. Viktoriya followed John. And Sam and Bucky followed her. John ran. And he ran and ran. Until he came across an abandoned building. With heavy equipment inside. He walked in, then kept going until he was in an open area. He just, stopped. Crying out about losing his best friend, Viktoriya only listened. Then she pushed off a unit she was leaning on, then approached him. Sam and Bucky walked in as well. "You can't stop me." John told them. Viktoriya put her hand on his chest then pushed him back three steps. "I don't wanna hurt you." He told her. She gave a half grin. "That is cute." She said. "You can't go out there. Not like you are right now." Bucky told John. "You know what you did. You gotta give me the shield." Sam told him. John chuckled. "Aahh. That's what it is. You almost had me." He told them. "You're not getting the shield." He sternly spoke. "And you don't wanna do this." He added. Bucky looked at the shield. With blood still on it. Then to John's eyes. "Yes we do." He replied. Viktoriya angrily ran forward to John then leaped into the air and came down onto the shield with a fist. A metal clank sounded. Then he hit her back with the shield and Bucky went for him. He fought off Bucky too. Then Sam took him on. He defeated Sam. Viktoriya went for him again with a kick and he blocked it with the shield. She grabbed the shield and began to pull back as he pulled back. The two of them prying.

Bucky ran up and kicked John in the stomach then Sam grabbed him from behind and began pulling back. Bucky began pushing him. Viktoriya took the shield and the three men fell. John began fighting them off as Viktoriya stood back. She kept the shield in her hands. Facing the men. John fought Sam and Bucky hard. Sending Bucky flying back into a unit and he got electrocuted. His vibranium arm twitched as it shocked. Sam was under John. Being choked out. Viktoriya stared at them. Then she began to run for John. Dropping the shield, it hit the cement and rang as it rotated beside Sam's body. She gripped John's back and rolled beside Sam, throwing John away from him. John rolled on the floor then started to get to his feet. Sam coughed and looked to her. Bucky began to rise to his feet while watching. She marched towards John Walker. "You don't understand." He told her. She laid a hard left fist into his temple. He collapsed. Sam got up with Bucky's help. Then Bucky walked to Viktoriya. He knelt by John Walker and felt his neck with his right hand then looked to her. "You didn't kill him." He said. "He is not true enemy. Just angry man." She said. He stood. "Come on." He encouraged. She followed Bucky out of the building. Sam followed them both out.

They returned to the Flag Smashers building, and were in the room where Sam spoke to Karli. Sam cleaned off the shield. "We lost you back there. In that fight. After....Lemar." Sam mentioned. She half sat on a table. "Da." She responded. He was drying off the shield. Bucky watched her. "You paused. When that happened too." Bucky noted. "You good?" Sam asked. Looking to her. Then resting the shield on a counter. "I...." She stuttered. "I thought it was you." She answered. Sam looked touched. "You stopped because you thought that was him, who died?" Bucky asked. "You got feelings." Sam told her. Bucky looked at Sam. "I mean like, care. You've got care inside of you. That's good! That's real good. That means you're becoming human." Sam encouraged. He took his phone out and contacted Joaquin Torres. Bucky half sat by her. "It's a better journey you're on. Trust me. It's much better being human than Hydra's machine." Bucky told her. "You, have memories." She said to him. And held his dog tags in her hand then let them drop back onto his chest. "You, were someone. You know. Who you were." She said, looking into his eyes. "I do not remember." She told him. "Well, I'll still be with you every step of the way." He told her.

"What we do now?" She asked him. "Well, since we're unable to find the Flag Smashers right now, we could find Zemo." He told her. Then stood from the table. "Come on." He encouraged and began to walk out. She got off the table then began to follow him. "Hey! I'm glad you two are okay! You, survived!" Joaquin told them, as he entered the room. Bucky looked to Joaquin and Sam. "Especially you." Joaquin told her. She slightly smiled. "Zemo business?" Sam asked. Bucky walked out. Viktoriya smirked then followed Bucky. Joaquin turned to Sam. "You don't think she's hot, and want that. Do you? Cause I know bro code." He told Sam. "She's all yours Torres." Sam told him then chuckled. "Now what, happened to this?" Joaquin asked him and checked out the wings and gear. "It got real damaged in the fights." Sam said. "Fights?" Joaquin asked. "Long story. I'll tell you on the way home." Sam said, and took the shield then began to walk out. Joaquin took the bag with broken gear and followed him.