TEN

( book i , CHAPTER TEN )

          IT WAS A FEW DAYS AFTER THE WEDDING THAT CHAOS ENSUED THE START OF WHAT WOULD SOON BE KNOWN AS THE WAR OF THE FIVE KINGS

          IT WAS A FEW DAYS AFTER THE WEDDING THAT CHAOS ENSUED THE START OF WHAT WOULD SOON BE KNOWN AS THE WAR OF THE FIVE KINGS. Rowan and Robb had grown even closer since the night of their wedding, and there was hardly a time when you could find one without the other. That morning, Robb had woken his wife up with a few kisses across her face and neck before the two helped each other dress and left to break their fast with the rest of the Starks.

Rowan had grown to like the routine that she and her new family had established: the Starks would break their fasts together before going off on their daily tasks and Rowan had started to join them. She usually would break her fast with her family later on in the day, but Rowan had wanted to make an effort to be a Stark and not just cling onto being a Baratheon of the royal family.

She was truly beginning to enjoy her time in the North and was starting to feel comfortable enough to one day call this place home. She didn't feel entirely out of place as she dined with them and she was happy that she was easily able to make conversation with each of her husband's family members.

After breaking her fast with the Stark family, Bran and his direwolf, Summer, took Rowan to show her his climbing skills around the grounds. Arya had left with a glare to go to her sewing lessons with her septa and Robb departed to his training with Ser Rodrick, leaving a chaste kiss on his wife's knuckles.

"Bran, slow down, love," Rowan beamed at the young boy running ahead of her, Summer trailing behind him, "Where are you taking me now, little lord?"

"Come!" He called, his long hair whipping behind him, "We're almost there!"

Rowan shook her head to herself with a grin on her lips before slowly following him towards the outskirts of Winterfell. She had been walking for a bit before realizing the unusual silence. Where had Bran gone? She looked around the area, noticing the leafy trees and the sparkling sun. Even Summer was gone, "Bran..." Silence. Rowan walked further, "Bran, darling, where are you?" She soon grew more worried. A rustling bush startled her but she calmed once she saw that it was just Summer, "Where's our boy, Summer?"

The pup whined before whirling around and running towards an old tower, the direwolf pup stopped to turn and bark at the princess. Rowan suddenly got a bad feeling that churned in the pit of her stomach. She had felt this feeling before and she knew something bad was about to happen. She got the same feeling when she had seen the messenger coming towards her at Highgarden to inform her of Jon Arryn's death.

She had found Bran at the bottom of the tower, body strewn across the dewy grass at an awkward angle. It appears that he had fallen while climbing the tower.