NINE

( book i , CHAPTER NINE )

          THE REMAINDER OF THE FEAST PROVED TO BE UNEVENTFUL APART FROM THE KING'S DRUNKEN ANTICS

          THE REMAINDER OF THE FEAST PROVED TO BE UNEVENTFUL APART FROM THE KING'S DRUNKEN ANTICS. From there on, much focus was placed on the upcoming royal wedding between Princess Rowan and Lord Robb. Many talked of it, from the nobles to the commoners. Winterfell was quickly preparing for the vast stretch of visitors it was soon to have for the union. The entire keep seemed to be buzzing in excitement.

Even Queen Cersei grew excited, although she would never admit it. She still did not want to leave her daughter in this cold wasteland, but she loved the way Rowan's eyes danced with a new lightness in them. The princess was looking forward to her wedding to the Stark heir, the two having grown closer since the welcoming feast all those weeks ago. Rowan had everything Cersei had wanted when she was a young girl - to marry a man she loved and who loved her in return. How could Cersei not be happy? She  could not deny that Robb Stark was entranced and in love with her daughter, even if he didn't fully know it yet.

Oh, what it was like to be young and foolish, Cersei had thought, watching Rowan and Robb walk across the courtyard with their arms laced with each other's. She still had her doubts, but she could not bring herself to speak a word of it to Rowan at this point - she was so happy. Happier than she could ever be in Kings Landing, the lioness sighed, And safer, much much safer.

• • •

         MANY CAME FROM ACROSS WESTEROS TO WITNESS THE UNION BETWEEN PRINCESS ROWAN OF HOUSES BARATHEON AND LANNISTER AND LORD ROBB OF HOUSE STARK

         MANY CAME FROM ACROSS WESTEROS TO WITNESS THE UNION BETWEEN PRINCESS ROWAN OF HOUSES BARATHEON AND LANNISTER AND LORD ROBB OF HOUSE STARK. From her band of friends, the Braavosi couple, Darius, and Henrik were already in Winterfell for the occasion. Celeste had come with Mace Tyrell to represent House Tyrell at the event and Prince Doran's daughter, Adhara, had been sent along with a few Dornish warriors on behalf of House Martell. Margaery and Loras stayed behind with Lady Olenna, but sent their blessings and good fortunes - having shipped a cart full of the beautiful, red apples that Rowan loved as a child. Oberyn Martell sent his well wishes for the princess in a letter, stating that he had missed her happy presence and hoped to see her soon.