Almost

"I feel like I have lost myself. I want to find the "Me" that went away with you. The part of me that loved so unceasingly without condition. The part of me that loved the way you taught me how to love. The part of me that felt more real than I ever felt before. No one seems to find that "Me" and I can't find Me either."
― Kate McGahan

As Abir drove back to his house he was seething with anger. Time and time again Nishant's hand in Mishti's hand would flash in front of his eyes and he couldn't stop the feeling of jealousy coursing through his veins.

How dare he? He thought she was his fiancée his jaan his girlfriend how dare did that guy stake a claim over her. With a jolt by narrowly missing a truch he realized that he didn't have that haq/right over her anymore. He was nothing to her and he had made that clear when he had called her an outsider/parayi on that god forsaken day. Abir couldn't stop the tears that fell from his eyes. So, she really had moved on while he was still stuck. That day he had asked his partner to make her meet someone who will give her everything her heart desires who will treat her the way she deserves to be treated. Not someone like him who couldn't even live up to his promises not someone who broke her heart. With a resigned sigh Abir parked his car in the porch and silently made his way to his room. The change in his demeanor was not unnoticed by his mother.

"Abir batao na tumhay kia uljan hain shahid main tumhari help kar sakun" she asked

"Uljhan ko samjahny aur suljhanay main bohot farq hota hain Maa aap please aik kaam karay please mujay meray haal par chod day. Jaisa aap chaati ti mainay waisa hi kiya abb please kuch aur mat karay have you not done enough. Kisi din Maa main aap say pucho ga main pucho ga kay konsi Maa apnay bachay ki khusi cheen kar khush hoti hain for now just leave me alone" Abir said and shut the door of his room. The day had been very eventful and he did not have the energy to fight his mother.

On the other side Nishant was pacing in Mishti's room.

"Do you really think he cares? I mean what he did you can do these things for your client" Nishant suggested.

"You don't insult your own brother for a mere client neither do you jump in the pool to save someone in spite of knowing that they can swim. Par tum nahi samjho gay Nannu jis din tujhay pyaar ho ga na uss din tumhay samaj ahayay gi. Ussay farq padhta hain" Mishti said excitedly

"I don't know Miss teapot mujhay tera wala pyaar na kabi samaj nahi ahayay but I believe you now in order to test your theory lets call the Rajvansh brother for an offsite meeting." Nishant said and called up his assistant.

"Off-site meeting? Is this really necessary" Kunal asked Abir.

"Yeah Nishant's assistant said that it's a team building exercise and we need their support Nanko but before we go you and I need to talk about what happened today" Abir told him in a serious tone.

"Bhai I am just irked by the fact she has moved on so quickly. She used to lecture me on true love but I guess all those things were lies." Kunal said angrily

"Kunal, please we are going to be involved with them professionally you have to learn to keep these things separate otherwise you can stay back" Abir advised him

"No bhai I won't let you do this alone. I guess you are right I need to keep my emotions in check. Par bhai kia aap separate rakh payay gay sab kuch?" Kunal asked him earnestly.

"Of course, as long as you are with me everything is awesome" Abir tried hard to smile. That was enough to convince Kunal who walked away telling him that he will make the arrangements for the trip.

"Kia main separate rakh paon ga sab kuch pata nahi bas itna jaanta hu kay main ussy dekhna chaata hu uss kay qareen rehna chhata hu. Maybe I am being greedy but after two months of not seeing her at all now the only thing I want to do is see her. Maybe I am like that traveler who has come across an oasis in a desert and who just wants to drink up all the water. I just want to look at her from far just look and love her from a distance love her enough for the both of us. Just love her till I cease to exist because I don't know what else to do" he mused.