[thirteen - the growth of jealousy]

Start from the beginning

"oh no!" thankfully, he was fast enough to catch it as it reached out the window. "my my, it really is chilly." dazai sweat dropped with a chuckle and held back the blue ticket by his chest before glancing down.

'why does god hate me?!'

y/n thought to her self, looking to the side with a  comic expression of wide eyes and a smooch shape mouth. dazai blinked before yelling out of shock to find y/n holding onto the window still. the building was not huge but definitely a big jump to suicide.

once y/n sat down in the floor below the window and behind dazai's desk, he began to scold her. avoiding eye contact, y/n rolled her eyes. "what were you doing there?! if you fell, your death would have scarred me for life!" dazai childishly exclaimed, his hand right on his chest giving it a light squeeze.

"i can't loose someone special again..."

y/n gaped, face softening before glancing up at dazai who looked to the side bashfully and concerned. y/n thought if he meant that from the bottom of his heart and in a while, her heart experienced a small beat skip.
"but you know! you could have at least asked me to jump out with you!" dazai pouted, putting his hands on his hips. y/n's face went back to being monotonous.

dazai took in a deep breath before checking if no one was in the office or spying.

"well...there's no one around. here goes nothing!"

y/n looked at him neutrally. seeing him shy and nervous made her smile a bit as it did remind her how taichi used to be like. but of course, she would never dare to make dazai a replacement of taichi. that would be monstrous of her.

"l/n, i have an extra ticket for an amusement park that opened up not that long ago. and i heard it's a perfect date spot! so i would like for you to go with me." dazai smiled like a dork and brought out the blue and gold ticket as if he was giving her a box of chocolates.

y/n's eyes averted towards the paper, thinking if she'd decline, dazai would be an embarrassed wreck, acting gloomy all day. y/n would rather plumage to her death than going on a date with him but seeing him take his courage to ask his crush out was kind of....a charming sight. she secretly hated her weakness and took the ticket from his hands before standing up.

dazai's face lit up and his cheeks turned a much more visible shade of pink. y/n nodded once before walking off to get her bag. dazai slapped his cheeks and grinned brightly.

"she actually agreed! of course, she would! no one would have the mind to decline such a gorgeous man!"

y/n regretted her choice, slinging her bag over her shoulder. of course just because she agreed doesn't mean she agreed willingly. it was nothing new, she felt tired and a bit frustrated but internally, you could say she felt something she hadn't in years.

-[DAYS LATER]

the sun lit her room bright but not too bright. y/n picked a simple outfit for her date she didn't plan but god threw it her way. she didn't want to put any effort in her clothes and she remembered that dazai will look good in almost anything so she couldn't show up with a plain shirt and jeans. unfortunately for y/n, risaki heard about her date and she quickly made her way over to the l/n residence.

"i don't need your help. can you leave now?"

risaki laughed it off and kept rummaging through y/n's wardrobes. "you have good fashion, y/n. and i'm an expert at matching so this will be fun!" risaki grinned, taking out a dark blue flannel and placing it neatly on y/n's comfy bed. the psychic watched with a small grudge, part of her wanted to stop and kick risaki out of the house but the other ironically found it amusing for risaki to be able to have a helpful side of her.