chapter 4

Kitana pov
Shang Tsung- you've done well Princess Shao Kahn will be pleased.
I bow to the sorcerer as Skarlet thrashes against her chains.
Skarlet- you both will regret this Shao Kahn wanted him to lead his armies into Earthrealm! You both will be punished!
I give Shang Tsung a puzzled look that he dismissed.
Shang Tsung- I have a new task for you Kitana.
Kitana- what would you have me do?
Shang Tsung- I need you to inform Baraka to make his way toward the tournament, he shall fight the first battle.
I bow to the sorcerer and leave to accomplish my task as Skarlet glare's at me, blaming me for her failure. It doesn't take long before I find the Tarkatan screeching at the sky slashing at the air only stopping to stare at me.
Baraka- Reptile told me of what you did, he was not yours to kill!
Kitana- whatever do you mean tarkatan?
Baraka snarled out his words with as much venom as he could muster.
Baraka- you know what I speak of princess! He abandoned the tribe he was mine!
Kitana- I never thought a Tarkatan had the honor, but in any sense, Shang Tsung needs you on the grounds and ready to fight and for your betterment, you would have failed fighting him.
Baraka makes what I can assume is a frown.
Baraka- he was my blood brother I had to beat him.
Those words took me by surprise, I never in all my life would assume Baraka felt anything but blood lust.
Kitana- explain. Now.
As Baraka speaks his words sound as if he held the weight of the realms and failed.
Baraka- long ago when I first started to lead my tribe my scouts found a frail human too small to eat but had the fury and cunning of a Tarkatan. When we brought him to the camp he tried his hardest to fight us, after he soon calmed himself his eyes held no fear but astonishment.
Kitana- I fail to see where this leads.
Baraka growls in annoyance balling his fists ready to strike... but finally lets out an angered huff.
Baraka- I made a choice that day, a choice for the tribe that was selfish but necessary, I brought him into the tribe and trained him as one of us. It took years but eventually, he was blooded becoming my sworn brother we were responsible for each other from then on that is why when he abandoned the tribe it was my responsibility to make him pay for abandoning us.
Kitana- you're the leader correct, then why not let y/n go?
Baraka snarl's out a sigh and looks at me as if I'm insane.
Baraka- we have rules and traditions and I can't through them away for friends or relatives. Now, what did you want from me?
Time skip
After retrieving Baraka I arrive back on tournament grounds just in time to witness Shang Tsung telling the Earthrealm kombatants of y/n's death.
Shang Tsung- kombatants I come to you with horrible news, it seems during the intermission y/n of Earthrealm has died.
Some of the crowd starts to talk amongst themselves and I overhear one say "Wow this set sure knows drama." What a fool.
Blonde- holy shit!
Everyone turns to look at what the Earth kombatant was surprised about and we see Y/n showing his open throat slowly knitting its flesh together making it seem the wound was never there just like when I stabbed his shoulder.
Y/n- what did I miss?