chapter 2

We are shown to our rooms and begin to unpack or meditate but one man won't stay quiet.
Johnny- man this place is so cool did you see those masks! Damn, good costumes.
Y/n- Mr. Cage you're here as well?
Johnny- what you know who I am. Have you seen my work?
Y/n- I do and I have, I must say... I never blame the actor have a nice rest, Mr. Cage.
I turn around intending to walk away but Cage wasn't pleased with my comment and forces me to turn around.
Johnny- what's that supposed to mean?!
Y/n- it means you did your best with shit movies Cage. To simplify I like you and respect your fighting prowess but the scripts you are given are awful.
He lets me go and smiles at me.
Johnny- oh my bad I thought you were insulting me.
Y/n- I would never dream of it, Cage.
I walk away from the failing actor and start to meditate.
As I concentrate on my surroundings I feel a malevolent intent and an object traveling toward me. My eyes shoot open as I grabbed the Tanto that was millimeters away from piercing my skull leaving some blood on the blade. I throw the weapon back to its wielder Skarlet one of the last wielders of blood magic. She pulls down her mask and licks the blade clean of my blood.
Skarlet- your blood is as sweet as ever.
Y/n- nice to see you madame Skarlet, what do I owe this pleasure of this meeting?
She walks towards me and puts a hand on my chest.
Skarlet- I can't see my favorite pupil.
Y/n- you tried to kill me.
Skarlet- or get your attention.
Y/n- what do you want?
Skarlet- well what "I" want is for you to join Outworld and our pursuits.
Y/n- you know I can't do that.
Skarlet- why not I spoke with Shao Kahn he said he'll pardon you and make you a general.
Skarlet then drape's her arms over my neck and rests her head on my chest.
Skarlet- think about it you and me together, commanding an army and eventually having children.
Y/n- as lovely as that is I can't.
Skarlet- still as foolish as the day you came to me.
Y/n- it seems so.
Skarlet- you do realize this makes us enemies.
Y/n- yes but that's tomorrow for now we can be together.
Skarlet- stop talking like that you sound old.
Y/n- says the girl who's tens of thousands of years old!
She smacks my arm lightly.
Skarlet- how dare you! Talking about a woman's age!
Y/n- oh, I'm so sorry guess I'll leave then.
I go to walk away from her and she pulls me back into her arms.
Skarlet- you're not going anywhere, at least not until I have to go back to my cage.
Y/n- I don't get it you're treated like a dog yet you swear Your Allegiance to Shao Kahn.
Skarlet- He's my maker my Allegiance must lie with him... and you of course.
We talk for a while longer before we go our separate ways. I head to bed for tonight. When I awaken in the morning I am tasked by the thunder God to wake up Johnny Cage.
Johnny- so what's the script for all this?
Y/n- Cage this is happening there is no script.
I can only assume that he rolls his eyes under his sunglasses and walks off, so I make my way to the first stage of the tournament.