Chapter Twenty Six

RUEL'S POV

My heart absolutely dropped when those words came out of her mouth.

I didn't even say anything, I just held her in my arms as her breathing slowed down and I couldn't feel the tears on my arm anymore. 

I stayed in the room with her for the rest of the show, there was no way I was leaving her alone in this state and she obviously wasn't in the mood to go out to Shawn where people could film us. It had been half an hour and I heard the final song blasting through the door when Nate comes into the room, assuming he was looking for me. His face dropped as he saw us both on the ground, April's face buried into my chest. He stares at us and I take April's phone and he takes it outside to listen to Luna's last voicemail she left for April. 

He comes back in with sad eyes and handed the phone back to us. 'Take her back to the hotel. I'll get everyone else sorted'

I nod as I hold April up and help her stand up to walk to the car. She fell asleep in the car, completely exhausted from the crying and I honestly think she was in shock. Saying those words aloud must've been hard for her.

Nate texted me saying that they would get a flight home for us both tomorrow morning so she could be back in her family's arms as soon as possible. She was supposed to stay at my house until Auckland but I guess plans change.

I never left her side for the next 2 days. She never left her house except for the Luna life celebration. Her friends had created a celebration for Luna's life. I didn't leave her side the whole day but it was the only time I had seen her smile which I was super grateful for. I had told her not to come to Auckland but she had begged me to take her every moment she had spare. 'Please Ruel. I need something to distract me! I can't just stay in Melbourne without you'

'No. you're staying here. You're not in the mindset to come with me.' I argue back, feeling myself repeat again.

'I'm coming. I'm supporting you and you can't stop me'

I finally gave in but I wasn't happy about it. I was going to be constantly distracted by the tour and Shawn so bringing her wasn't going be any different than her staying in Melbourne with her family. It was probably going to be worse coming with me. At least her family could take care of her.

For each moment I had spare, I never left her side and when I was busy, Coco was with her. I wasn't taking any risk of her doing something stupid in reaction of what happened to Luna but I didn't not see what was about to happen. 

I ran off stage to see Nate, Coco and Michelle. April wasn't by their side

'Where is she?' I asked out of breath but still worried for her

'She went into the green room I think' Nate spoke so I nodded and headed backstage.

NATE'S POV

April was the biggest fan of Shawn Mendes and Shawn was back on stage. Ruel wasn't back either and I knew that if they were gone for this long, something must've happened, I learnt that the hard way. I head into the green room where Ruel was standing but still no April

'Where is she?' I ask and he looks up from his phone.

'She's gone'