Chapter Two

APRIL'S POV

My heart started to instantly race as the tall security guard said those words. I turnt around to smile at Luna one last time before taking a deep breath and walking into the pop-up shop where all the clothes used to be, now it was just him sitting at a table.

I make eye contact with him as we both break into a smile and my heart skipped a beat.

Damn, he was cuter in person.

'Hey, how you doing?' he spoke and all I could do was smile and spit out my next words.

'I'm good. How are you?' I ask, being polite as I stop in front of the table.

I felt the words were come out of my mouth before I could process it. I took a deep breath as I passed him his own EP to sign, not taking my eyes off him as he replied, 'I'm great thank you.'

A couple of pieces of his blonde hair hung from his head, covering his eyes as he signs the EP and he looks up to talk to me again. 'What's your name?'

Shit, what was my name?

'April'

Glad I didn't fuck that up.

'Is that spelt like the month?' he asks unexpectedly and makes eye contact with me again.

'Uh, yeah. A-p-r-i-l' I nod as he smiles and looks down at the EP.

I watch as the sharpie writes my name before drawing a love heart and handing it back to me. Just do it April. You'll regret it if you don't ask for a hug. 'Can I have a hug?' I ask as he looks back up at me

'Yeah of course.' he stands up and wraps his long arms around me.

Your heart melts as he rubs my back but I pull away. We both share one more smile before I walk out and Luna walks in.

I stand outside, looking at the EP and running my finger over his handwriting of my name, the squeals of other girls filling the background. At least he spelt it right.

Luna comes out suddenly, jumping next to me while squealing and holding her signed EP. 'Oh my god. I can't breathe. Oh my god. He's so cute. Oh my god' she freaks out as I let out a shaky laugh

'Ugh. He's so much cuter in person. Why didn't you ever tell me?' my thoughts ramble out of my mouth as Luna looks at you like a crazy person.

'I told you. Every. Single. Day. He took the Cheetos and the scrunchie! It was so cute how he pointed out the scrunchie was matching my hoodie. Ugh. Wow. I want to do it again' she sighs and throws her head back.

It was going to be a rare occasion but when I met him again, my god I wasn't going to be as stupid as I was just then.

Why was I so fucking awkward? God April.

Now I was sitting here, zoned out in the car of Luna's parents, overthinking every small moment I had with him. Why would I spell out the name when he said it was like the month. Did he hug everyone? Yeah, he was hugging girls before.

'He was like 'Oh thank you so much' and when I asked him if he wanted my scrunchie he was like 'Yeah of course! Oh look, it matches your hoodie' and he held it up to my hoodie and at that moment, I died' she explained as she threw a strawberry top in the tub, snapping me out of my thoughts that were spiralling inside my head.

I forced a laugh, wishing I had taken the opportunity to talk to him more but what would've I said? 'Hey. My best friend is forcing me to be here but dang your cute'. Yeah, probably not the best thing to say.

'I can't believe you actually wrote our IG names on his Cheetos' I roll my eyes and she smiles but shrugs.

'Hey. You gotta do what you gotta do'

'When I asked for a hug, his eyes lit up. It was so cute...But they probably didn't...Just the reaction..' my voice trails off, feeling stupid.

I knew I wasn't special, I knew his eyes did widen but why would they light up once I asked for a hug? It probably happened to everyone.

Why would he be excited to hug me?

I shook my negative thoughts off as I were snapped out of your thoughts again by your dad honking the horn out the front of Luna's house. I smile at Luna before giving her a hug and saying goodbye

'10 days left!' she yells from down the hall as I pulled open the door, smiling to myself like an idiot now.

She was right. 10 days left until I saw him again.

These we're going to be the longest 10 days ever.

I arrived home before rushing upstairs to my bedroom to put the things that I got today, away. I place my signed EP and scrunchie on your dresser, making room next to it for the ticket from the concert and the wristband for when I took it off.

I decided to keep my wristband on for tomorrow to show my other friends, I didn't want to take it off just yet, wanting to keep the fresh memory alive. I flopped onto my bed, freshly made when I hear my phone vibrate, getting a notification on your phone from Instagram.

No fucking way

oneruel: hey