❅ xii.

•••

•••

     "you're what?!" noah exclaimed.

     "y-yeah. i think so, at least." hailee responded quietly. tears were streaming down her face, she was so afraid.

     "why are you crying?" noah asked.

     "b-because what if i r-ruin our friendship?" she cried. "i-i can't lose him."

     "you're not going to lose him, hailee." noah reassured. "believe me."

     "what's that supposed to mean?" she questioned.

     noah sighed. "do you realize how much jaeden cares about you? he would do anything for you. do you know how long he tried to become your friend? two years. two whole years, and he never gave up. he wouldn't end up avoiding you if you told him."

     "but he doesn't like me back." hailee sniffled, she had never been so distraught.

     "you're joking, right?" noah asked. hailee shook her head. "have you not seen the way his face goes bright red when he's around you?"

     "n-no." she said.

     "he's in love with you, hailee. whether you realize it or not." noah said.

     "and how do you know?" hailee asked.

     "well," noah said, trailing off. he contemplated telling her the truth, but decided against it.  "you can tell."

     "that's not proof that he likes me back." she cried.

     noah wanted more than anything then to tell her that jaeden does indeed like her back. but he just couldn't. he couldn't do that to him. so he sighed, knowing no other way to convince her.

     "hailee, you're just going to believe me." noah said.

     "i want to... but it's hard to believe you when i don't have proof." hailee sighed.

     "mhm..." noah hummed.

     "noah, please don't tell anyone." hailee pleaded.

     "of course not." he replied.

     noah wanted more than anything to tell jaeden, but knew it was best not to. so for the rest of their facetime call, noah was silently coming up with a plan to get them together.

•••

A/N...
this is so bad ew omg i'll definitely go back and rewrite it later on