❅ xi.

•••

•••

     "jaeden?" hailee asked, confused as to why the boy was standing at her door step.

     "hi." he replied, awkwardly smiling at her.

     "what are you doing here?" hailee asked. "i'm sorry that sounded rude- not that it's not good that you're here but why?"

     "i wanted to ask you if you wanted to go ice skating with me." jaeden explained. "although now i'm regretting this."

     hailee stood there, her lips slowly forming a smile. "oh, i would love to!"

     "you would?" jaeden asked, his eyebrows raised.

     "yes!" hailee exclaimed. "i love ice skating! although i suck at it."

     "oh- oh! okay that's good. i-i thought maybe you'd say no and i would just be super embarrassed." jaeden rambled.

     "how could i say no? i love hanging out with you." hailee said. jaeden instantly blushed. "let me go ask my mom."

     and with that, hailee slammed the door, leaving jaeden confused. but before jaeden could even knock once more, the door opened to reveal hailee with an embarrassed look on her face.

     "sorry i probably should've invited you in..." she said, making jaeden laugh.

     "yeah, that would be nice." jaeden said as hailee opened the door more so he could come in.

     "hailee?" an unfamiliar voice to jaeden called from the kitchen. "who was at the door?"

     "oh- uh, just my friend." hailee called back.

     friend. ouch.

     in a matter of seconds, hailees mom appeared in the doorway. jaeden awkwardly stood there, confused whether he should be looking at hailee or her mom.

     "oh, you didn't tell me you got a boyfriend." her mom said sarcastically. hailees face slowly grew pink as jaeden's instantly heated up.

     "oh no, it's not like that." hailee quickly responded.

     "i'm just joking." mrs. matthews responded.

     "anyways uh- this is jaeden." hailee said.

     "oh... so you're jaeden." mrs. matthews said, smiling at him.

     "i can't tell if that's a good thing, or if you're threatening me." jaeden replied, making hailee laugh.

     "it's a good thing, hailees told me a lot about you." she explained.

     "oh?" jaeden questioned, looking at hailee. by now, hailees face was bright red, jaeden gave her a small half smile.