He threw his duffel bag across the room in silent rage, fisting his hands beside him. He wanted to scream, wants the whole world to know when he did so but his throat tightens to the point of no return. He felt so confused. His future is bleak, with no other way except the worst.

Like death.

Maybe death isn't that bad. Maybe he'll feel numb until the life flashes between his eyes and then maybe a written Game Over before his eyes like in those video games. Or maybe, the pain is so excruciating that he can only be thankful he goes through it once.

Clink. Clink.

His ears heard more than accounted for. Small rocks were being thrown onto the window. He peers onto the window, eyes squinting at the person standing below. Her blonde hair swaying in a neat ponytail.

Elite-One.

He wasn't sure what to do. Is he supposed to open the window for her? Is he supposed to go down and meet her? He opens the window just a little bit. She points at him then at the ground next to her.

No. He's not going to jump off a two-story-tall house just to hear what she wants to say. He shakes his head vehemently. Why would he even want to jump in broad daylight? His parents could see. The house next door could see. Anyone nearby could see.

Elite-One—wait, is she rolling her eyes at him? "It's urgent," She mouths.

He opens the window wider and jumped without a second thought. He could've sworn the eyes of the girl widens in panic. But when he started to think about it, the more he curses at himself. He fell to the ground faster than he could blink. He curses lowly at the stinging pain on his knees and hands.

"I meant for you to use the available door. I didn't think you'd be that stupid." Her tone accusing but amused at the least. "Did that hurt?"

He gave her a rueful glance, slightly surprised at the unusually normal clothes she wore. "What do you think?"

She shrugs, her brown eyes lighter in shade. "You're an advanced human. You could be invincible for all I know."

"Well, I'm not." He stood, brushing up a patch of dirt from his knees. "What did you say was urgent before?"

The light in her eyes dimmed. There was a serious expression on her face that made him anticipate the bad news. "Your brother's at the beach, hanging out with the wrong crowd. That's already enough words said. Come on."

She leads him towards a white Audi parked conspicuously beside his house. It looks freshly bought. The drive to the beach wasn't long but it might as well be. The silence between them is uncomfortable. Maybe that's what he felt anyway.

The Elite parked just at the far end of the parking lot. She swivels on her seat and points at a general area. "It'll be best to talk to him alone."

Ethan knows which crowd Cole usually hangs out with and they aren't nice people. Cole hung out with them years ago, a part of his emo phase but he stopped. He heads towards the direction Elite-One had pointed out.

And there he is, sitting on the sand, chugging a bottle of most likely cheap beer. Two girls sat next to him, smothering him as he laughs at something someone says. He stood for a while, not knowing what to say. He wished Elite-One had come with instead but he knows she knew there is a small percentage that Cole might blurt out everything.

"Cole."

The group stopped. The so-called leader with his obnoxious nickname, King, looks like he's enjoying himself.