28. Cara

A week later.

"See," I examine her side carefully with my fingers. "There's no visible scar and your skin is as perfect as it was before. They're completely gone."

"Worth every shitty pain I went through then." She grins happily. "Damn. I wanna keep that cream. Do you still have it?"

I laugh. The shitty cream she used to hate. It heals your wounds real quick and doesn't leave ugly scars. Alex wounds and injuries are completely healed, leaving no scars or marks that she thought would make her ugly. The same cream that puts her into hell for a few moment and now she's saying she wants to keep it.

I wave the cream in front of her, telling her that we'll be keeping it and use it for in need only. Alex giggles. "Now that I don't have to be worry if my skin breaks."

"You're still fucking sexy and hot though if you still had those scars." I roll my eyes.

"Nah. I don't like scars," she shrugs. "They're like bad memories. I don't want bad memories scarred on my body and be reminded of it every time I look at it."

I nod my head and put the cream back in the cabinet under the counter.

"So what are we gonna do today? Aren't you bored?" You know, we haven't left our loft for a week now. Sarah and Carmen are the only ones that keep coming and brought us food.

We are still not allowed to go to work.

"I am. I was thinking we go get groceries. We're out of meats."

Alex and I get dressed and we both go to the car in the basement. We head out straight to the supermarket.

As we arrived, I grab the trolley and Alex is walking in front of me.

Usually Alex does the shopping and I just push the trolley following her. Honestly I'm not really good at picking ingredients but I'm good enough to pick up the dry ones.

She and I part ways as I'm gonna grab some juices to be filled in our fridge. Though Alex doesn't drink them much, I'm still gonna buy a lot of them than usual, knowing there are visitors keep coming to our place.

And I take some Yakults with me too. Alex loves it, the only colored beverages she drinks every day.

I walk to the seafood section, thinking she would be there.

I gasp to find she's really there and the trolley with Miss Duncan but I keep walking. Alex spots me and smiles.

"Hi," I greet the lawyer, trying to act cool as I put the beverages in the trolley. "Nice to see you, Ms. Duncan."

She smiles at me and shifts her eyes to my best friend. "Haven't heard from you... where have you been?" Her free hand touches Alex's.

Alex giggles awkwardly and her eyes are still glued on the girl. "Don't do this, Vi." She whispers.

"I miss you..." Violet mumbles quietly.

"Violet," Alex whispers, sharp. "Please, not here."

Violet's face drops and she moves her hand away. "Well, I didn't expect to see you here but I meant what I said. Sorry."

Alex touches her arm, making her smile a bit. "It's fine," she says, calm. "You need to control that."

Violet giggles. "I'm just so happy to see you, okay?" And then her hand is back touching Alex's.

She looks at me and bites down her lip. "Why is your best friend so fucking gorgeous and sexy every time I see her? She keeps turning me on."

"Keep it in your skirts, Miss." I joke. "You should've told her to stop than complimenting her even more."