Pero hindi ako pumayag.

My thoughts got interrupted when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and grunted. It's Angel.

"What?" I snapped at her.

"Megan! Pwede bang pumunta dyan?" Kahit gabi na, masayahin pa rin siya. Hindi ko nga alam kung ano bang vitamins ang iniinom nito at saksakan ng saya.

"Why?!" Napataas bigla ang boses ko. Ayaw ko kay Angel. Asar ako sa kanya. As I've said before, she's too goody-goody.

"Sleepover!" ang nakakapanggalaiti nyang sagot.

"What are you—twelve?"

"Sige na Meg... minsan lang naman, e," nagsusumamo niyang sabi.

"No way! I don't want to see you."

"Please?" she begged.

"No," I answered firmly. There's no way I'm letting her sleep here. Masyado siyang masaya.

"I have chicharong bulaklak."

I let out a droning exasperated sigh.

"What time are you coming over?" So I sold my soul for chicharong bulaklak. That's my favorite food.

I heard her laugh merrily on the other line. "Wala nang bawian ha?"

"Fine. Bring some beer too."

"Already did. I'm already outside."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" inis kong tanong.

"Eh kasi baka magalit ka."

I sighed. "You know I'm always angry at you. But I'll let you in just because you have chicharong bulaklak."

"And beer."

"Yeah, that too."

I got up from the bed and hurried to the door. Nilalaway na ako sa chicharong bulaklak. When I opened it, nakatayo sa labas si Angel, already in her pajamas with a tote bag on her right shoulder, a huge plastic bag on her left hand and her phone on her right ear—na ibinaba niya upon seeing me. She automatically smiled at me.

"Meg!" Balak niya sanang yumakap kaya lang, inunahan ko na siya. I help up my hand and shook my head. She just pouted.

"Come on in."

Her eyes shone and she squealed. She's so giddy.

--

I really hate her attitude. I hate how she's so optimistic and bubbly like nothing can dampen her mood. I hate the way she carries herself with ease as if she has no burden of her own. Palagi siyang nakangiti. Palagi siyang masaya. She's so down-to-earth and nice. In short—plastic.

I usually don't see her when she asks to meet so she found a way around that and tried to bribe me with food. It surprisingly worked every time.

She made herself comfortable on my bed with the big plastic bag of chicharong bulaklak sprawled in the middle. We each held a bottle of cold beer. Pareho na kaming nakahiga sa kama ko. She's in her pajamas. I'm in my shorts and oversized shirt.

"Hey, Meg?"

"Yeah?" I began munching on the last piece of chicharong bulaklak.

"Can I sleep here with you?" tanong niya.

"Well duh—would you prefer the couch?" I replied.

She shook her head vigorously and gave me her megawatt smile. "Thank you."