"You remember, before we left Texas, we talked about me getting back in school and you paying my tuition?" She sparked up.

     "Yeah, I remember."

"Well, I'm ready."

     "Ready for what?" Jordan absentmindedly asked her.

"I'm ready to go back to school," Egypt muttered.

     Gently placing his fork down, Jordan reached for his glass of orange juice. He carefully brought it to his lips and sipped slowly. Egypt watched his every move, unsure if he had actually heard or even paid attention to her.

"Did you hear me?" She asked him.

     Nodding his head, he answered, "I heard you loud and clear. You said you were ready to go back to school."

"Yeah, I am. I've done all my research, and there are so many good universities here in Toronto. I was thinking about applying now, so that way I'd be enrolled by next semester." Egypt rambled with sudden excitement. "I could also do online school, or go to a local community college... either one is fine with me."

     "Don't you think it's too soon to be talking about this? We've barely been here for two months, and you're already looking at schools to go to."

"Baby, I've been looking at schools since we left Houston."

     "Egypt, we haven't even settled in proper-,"

"We look pretty settled to me." Egypt interrupted.

     "That's not what I mean. We're still adjust-,"

"I think we've adjusted well." She interrupted once again. "Two months seems like enough time to me."

     "Just because it looks like we've adjusted well, doesn't mean anything. I literally signed my contract last month... the season hasn't even started."

"Yeah, but remember what you told me? You said that after you signed your contract, I could start applying to schools."

     "I remember what I said, I don't need you to remind me. I just don't see why you're in such a rush... you still have time."

"Babe, there is no time. I withdrew from Texas Southern right before my senior year... I have every reason to be in a rush." Egypt picked at the food on her plate. "I don't wanna end up like Sierra. You remember she used to go to Prairie View a few years ago and ended up dropping out her junior year. Years later, she's never gone back to finish, because she became too comfortable and lost all motivation to."

     "Or maybe she doesn't want to go back. You do know I did three years at LSU before I committed to the draft, right? I could always go back and finish my final year, but I don't care too." Jordan looked over at her. He chewed away the remaining food in his mouth.

"Jordan, you're a professional athlete now, you don't really have to go back to school. You're already where you want to be... I'm not. If I want to have a successful career, then I need to finish out with a degree."

     "A successful career? Egypt, you're trying to be a photographer. I've told you multiple times before, that's not a real profession." Jordan nearly fought the urge to hide his annoyance. The last thing he wanted to do was have this conversation with her. "I doubt you need a degree to take a couple of pictures... anyone can do that."

"Wow, you're so supportive." Egypt sarcastically mumbled. She wasn't surprised at all. She had actually expected Jordan to make some sort of negative comment throughout their discussion.

     Whenever the conversation of Egypt's choice of career rose up, Jordan had always been vocal with his disapproval. It never pleased him, to know that his significant other was aspiring to be a photographer. Numerous times, he had tried persuading her into changing her major to either Nursing, Biology Pre-Med, Social Work, or even Criminal Justice. He always believed that these last few years she spent at Texas Southern University majoring in Media Studies, were a waste of time.