Part 33

Juhi picked up her phone and dialled Anjali's number.. Since it was very late last night when she noticed Anjali's missed call she decided to call the in the morning.. Anjali and Shashank has just finished breakfast and Anjali had gone to the kitchen to make coffee for both .. Her phone which was lying on the table besides Shashank's came to life..
Shashank glanced to check who was calling and was shocked seeing Juhi's name...
Just when Anjali came back from kitchen to receive the call , Shashank stopped her saying " Anjali , first listen to me before you answer Juhi's call"
He looked serious.. Left with no choice, Anjali muted the call and sat beside him on the chair..
"Anjali , I know you are concerned and worried for me.. but whatever is between Juhi and me, let us both sort it out.."
Anjali stared blank at him..
"As it is I've complicated it too much.. I don't want it getting ugly.. Cause both professional and personal relationship are at stake... I hope you understand what I'm trying to say ... "
Anjali stayed quiet for awhile.. She knew her Dad was right..
"Ok dad.. but if there is any bit I can do.. you count me in.. "
Thanks beta .. he smiled faintly

As much as he wanted to hear her voice, hear her call his name, hear her laughter, see the twinkle in her eyes when she is happy... he had to end it all.. he reminded himself that he needs to control his emotions hereafter.. Letting her go will be less painful for her than being together and making her life miserable.. at least that is what he thought ...

Juhi got a little worried since Anjali had called her last night and now when she called her back , there was no answer..
So she sent a text to Anjali...
" Hi Anjali, Sorry I missed your call last night..
Is everything alright... "
Just then Rahul walked in and eased himself in the bed.. Juhi saw him and walked inside from the balcony and sat opposite to him on the couch..
She briefly enquired about Pooja..
Rahul spoke up " Juhi, you wanted to talk yesterday morning... What is it..?
All ok.. he asked
"Yes Rahul... she said hesitantly..
Mustering courage she spoke " it's about us...
Rahul straightened himself hearing the word 'us' from her... "Tell me Juhi..." He said
"Rahul, I know you have changed for good, you have realised where you went wrong and you already accepted your mistake.. that's a big thing in itself.. Now you want to give this marriage a second chance.. make it work..... she trailed
"Yes Juhi... I am ready to do anything to make this marriage work.. All I want is one chance from you... All I want is your happiness.." he pleaded

Taking a deep breath, she spoke "Rahul, I had lots of expectations when we got married.. I had always dreamt of a marriage as relationship like the one in Mills and Boons .. she chuckled
But fate had different plans then.. I still dread to imagine the loneliness I felt way back then.. Gradually I turned stone hearted... I became emotionless.. I stopped looking for happiness.. cause all I got was disappointment..
Three years is a long time Rahul...
Now my happiness doesn't lie in this marriage or with you... If you really want to see me happy, then set me free..."
Rahul froze hearing the last sentence..
"Juhi... he went and sat beside her on the couch..
He took her hand in his " Please don't say that.. Please give us a chance.. .I swear I won't give you an opportunity to complain... I promise..."
"It's too late Rahul.... I'm sorry.. she pulled out her hand from his..
Visibly upset he asked " Is there someone else in your life .. Juhi " Is that why you don't want to give 'us' a chance..."
Refusing to make an eye contact, she replied.. " It's not what you think Rahul.. I just need my freedom.."
There was deafening silence.. After what felt like ages, Rahul spoke.. " There is more to this than that meets the eye.. I'm not buying this story, Juhi.. Unless you plan to give me concrete answers, we are not going to have this conversation again.... I will never let you go..." he sounded furious and walked out of the room leaving behind a shaken Juhi..

There is no way she could tell him about Shashank right now.. She knows how crazy Rahul can get..She did not want Shashank to be at the receiving end of Rahul's fury...
" I need to do something about this... but right now I need to be set things right with Dr Shashank... it's been three days since I last spoke to him.." she thought