Chapter 8

Sadly, this book has come to an end, much to my disappointment. Enjoy the last chapter.

Erica's POV

I woke up to the sound of beeping machines. I found myself in a hospital room, wearing a green hospital gown. There was an IV tube attached to my right arm and my left one was bandaged. I felt an overwhelming amount of pain when I tried to move the tiniest, so I stayed still.

The first thing that came to my mind was Ben. He was with me, right? Where did he go? Was he alive? Was he...

"You're awake," came a voice. Jenny. I turned to see Jenny and Mike standing by my bedside. I nodded.

"I'm alive," I said, then shifted uncomfortably. "Where's Ben?"

Mike sat down next to me. "We just came back from seeing Ben. He asked us where you were."

I nodded.

"He's also fine, with minor damage. Both of you have bullets in your chests," Jenny said sadly.

"You will be fine in a couple of weeks, hopefully. Until then, we'll take care of the official reports and everything for the CIA," Mike added.

"Thank you so much, guys," I said. "You are amazing."

"Okay, I'm going to go and stay with Ben. You stay here, Jenny," Mike said, then exited the room.

Jenny gave me a sad smile and I drifted away to sleep.

Ben's POV

"How is Erica?" I asked as soon as Mike re-entered my room.

"She's fine. She visibly relaxed when I told her that you were alright, Ben," Mike assured me. I breathed a huge sigh of relief and smiled.

"Is Joshua confirmed dead?" I asked Mike. He nodded.

"Jess and Joshua are confirmed dead, and while you were stuck here in surgery for three days, we found Abby and imprisoned her. Now we've stopped the making of that mind-controller for now, which will later be resumed by the CIA."

I felt my eyelids flutter and close. I was too tired to keep them open, so I let them stay closed.

"I'll go now," Mike said, opening the door. I nodded, then let myself calm down. Eventually, I fell asleep.

This chapter's just super short. I'm really sorry for that. But I'm going to wrap this book up with an epilogue, and then it's over.