Chapter 2

Enjoy Chapter 2!

Ben's POV

"Why, Ben, you've changed," Joshua said, only his voice didn't sound menacing, evil, threatening, or anything else of that sort.

"Josh," was all that Erica got out of her mouth. She stared at him, wide eyed. She fell back onto the couch in shock.

"I'm alive and well, and I'm standing in front of you," Joshua said. "I'm surprised that the nickname is still stuck."

"What-" I started, but Joshua cut me off.

"Have a seat," he said, making himself comfortable on the couch as well. "I'll explain everything. Jess, can you get them something to drink?"

Jessica brought us some lemonade and she took a seat next to her brother as well. Joshua looked at us expectantly.

I noticed how he had changed. He had darker brown hair that fell into his face. His robotic arm and leg had been replaced with artificial limbs. He still had his eye patch, though-a recognizable trait.

"So, how's life?" Joshua finally asked.

"Get to the point," I said. "What did-"

Joshua laughed. It wasn't an evil laugh, though-just a normal laugh that you laughed when you heard a very funny joke. "I'll tell you everything."

Erica shook her head. "I don't get a thing."

"So the last time you saw me was about eleven and a half years ago, back when you took down SPYDER. In the end, I fell out of the tower bridge. I didn't die. Some very kind people who found me took me to the ER where I had to go through intense surgery. About seven months later, I had completely changed. I had gotten better limbs that are easier to use," Joshua explained.

"Do you know RATT?" Erica asked.

Joshua shook his head. "I've never heard of it. Anyways, I came here, then I bought a house with my sister and we've been living here ever since."

"Are you still evil?" I asked.

He laughed. "Oh, heck no. the only evil I've done in the past ten years is steal Jessica's sundress on her birthday as a prank."

Erica looked at me, not able to believe anything that he just said. I looked back at her with the same confused expression.

"So...why are we here?" Erica asked.

"I came to know about you not long ago," Joshua explained. "I wanted to meet you and tell you everything that happened."

I eyed him suspiciously, not wanting to believe him.

"You can trust me," he said. "I know you trusted me, Erica, and I betrayed you, and I defected to SPYDER, and I did evil, but all I'm asking for is a second chance."

"A second chance?" Erica and I repeated together.

"Yes," he said. "I want a second chance at friendship."

Erica shook her head. "After all you've done to me? After you betrayed me? How are we supposed to believe you?"

"Trust me, I've changed," he said. "I promise."

"Can we tell you later?" I asked.

Joshua sighed. "Alright."

We got up to leave. Joshua headed upstairs, and Jessica opened the door for us and waved goodbye.

"Did that just happen?" Erica asked.

I nodded. "I can't believe it either."

The rest of the ride we were in complete silence. Neither of us spoke a word.