Oh How Things Change...

Two children laughed loudly, chasing eachother near the edge of a lake in the forest. "You'll never catch me (Y/N)!" The little boy yelled, his forest green eyes sparkling brightly with joy. The (H/C) haired female laughed, dodging to the side before cutting him off. "I'll make you eat those words!" She said with a wide smile, her (E/C) eyes sparking with just as much excitement as the boy's. 

"Its funny how things change..."

The memory slowly faded, the image of the smiling boy shattering into fragments as the little girl held out her hand. "Izuku..." She trailed off, tears in her eyes. The world around her went black and she felt herself falling. "IZUKU!" She shouted in fear. "WHERE ARE YOU!?" 

"Isn't it (Y/N)?" 

The little girl sat in front of a detective along with a women with green hair who was crying into a tissue. "The last time I saw him...w-was at school." The little girl said. "Please find him!" She pleaded. The detective smiled at her, reaching over and pet her head. "Don't worry. The heroes are on the case already. I promise, we'll find him." He said, retracting his hand quickly from the little girl. 

"False promises....empty words...." 

The girl, (Y/N) sat in the back of the classroom. No one sitting next to her, the empty chair beside her remaining just that, empty. The bell rung, dismissing the class for recess. When she stood up everyone went silent, even the teacher. Everyone was tense as she gathered her stuff, the previous chatter in the room completely silent. She left the room and the class breathed out a collective sigh of relief. 

"And everyone fears you....knowing what you can do to them..." 

(Y/N) ran, tears streaming down her face. The sidewalk she was running down beginning to splinter and crack before shattering into a million pieces. She was running into a black void. "(Y/N)!" A male voice shouted. She turned to see a green haired male smiling at her. "I'm over here!" He called to her. Her tears fell faster and she ran over to him, trying to hug him, only for him to disappear in a puff of smoke in her arms. She fell to her knees, his voice echoing in her head. 

"(Y/N)...." 

She sat up looking around in the black void. 

"Wake up." 

~Reality~

(Y/N) shot up out of her bed in a cold sweat. She panted heavily looking around her room as tears continued to fall down her face. She held her hand to her chest, broken sobs echoing in the silent room. "Izuku..." She muttered quietly, moonlight reflecting off the glass frame of a picture on her nightstand. A picture of a little boy and girl, their arms wrapped around eachother as they smiled into the camera happily. 

~The Next Morning~ 

(Y/N) sat down at her desk as the bell rung loudly. Signaling the start of class. Aizawa stepped in and droned on about the day's schedule and how today they'd be choosing a Class Representative. The (H/C) haired female kept a straight face and suggested they put it to a vote to avoid too much in fighting. "Besides, logic dictates that since a majority will vote for themselves, those that do get more votes must be better qualified for the job. Considering they would have others supporting them as well." She explained. Everyone in the class agreed and Momo won a majority of the vote. She was the new Class Rep despite Iida's disapproval. (Y/N) sighed and rolled her eyes. Sometimes I feel like the teachers and trying to divide the class... She thought. The day continued as normal until it was lunch time. She sat with Todoroki like she normally did since the male didn't ask many questions. Pretty soon Momo sat with them. "(L/N), by chance did you vote for me?" The black haired female asked. (Y/N) nodded. "I did. Iida would have had my vote if his hand wasn't the highest one in the room. You and him seemed like the better options to lead the class. Considering I sure as hell wouldn't vote for someone like Bakugo." She said. She gave Todoroki a look. "Todoroki was of course an option as well but he isn't one for social interactions. Which the Class Rep would of course have to go through." She added. Momo smiled faintly. "Your logic is as impeccable as always (L/N). Do tell, do you think you'd make a good Class Rep?" Momo asked. (Y/N) shrugged. "Of course not. My focus is on other things. I wouldn't have the time to be a Class Rep." Todoroki nodded. "Right. We're all training hard to be Pros, aren't we?" He asked. (Y/N) faked a smile. No...you don't understand... She thought. Momo laughed. "True. I'll have my hands full between training and running the class won't I?" She asked, but her voice was distant. 

The only thing I care about.... (Y/N) thought.

An image of a smiling young Izuku appeared in her head. 

Is finding him...     

~Time Skip~

As (Y/N) was leaving the school Iida and Uraraka ran up to her. "Hey (L/N)! Mind if we come over to your place this evening? I need some help with studying and Momo is busy tonight!" Uraraka said cheerfully. Iida nodded. "Yes. I need help understanding English a bit more. You seemed like you knew what you were doing in class." He said. The female shrugged. "Sure. I don't mind." She said. And so the group of three went to (Y/N)'s place. "Hi (Y/N)!" A little girl greeted at the door. "Hey." (Y/N) responded to her younger sister. "Guys, this is my little sister." (Y/N) said. The little girl giggled a little and ran off calling for the third sister. "Hello (Y/N), I see you brought friends with you." Her mother greeted. (Y/N) nodded a bit. "They're only here to study for a little." She said. (Y/N) and the other two walked down the hallway, only to bump into (Y/N)'s father in the hallway. He sneered at (Y/N) a little. "Are you finally making friends outside of that Quirkless-." "Say anything else about Izuku. I dare you." (Y/N) growled, her eyes flashing with a rare bit of rage. Her father pressed himself to the wall as far away from his daughter as he could. He scoffed. "Can't believe your mother gave birth to you." He hissed, walking to the living room. (Y/N) sighed, Uraraka and Iida giving her a look. "What was that about?" Uraraka asked. "Don't worry about it." (Y/N) said, leading them to her room. "I'd understand if you want to go somewhere else. But if not, we should get started." She said, opening the door. They stepped inside her room and (Y/N) remained in the doorway. "I'll go get snacks. Make yourselves at home." She said. She closed the door behind her as she went in the kitchen. Uraraka looked around the room before discovering a picture on the nightstand. She beckoned Iida over to look at it. "Is that...(Y/N)?" He asked. After poking around a little longer they heard a crash from outside. They were about to leave and go see what happened when (Y/N) walked back in the room with a few cookies. "Sorry about the noise. My sisters can be rowdy at times." She said. "I see." Iida said while nodding. 

"(L/N), forgive me for asking, but do you mind if I ask about your Quirk?" Iida questioned after an hour or so into studying. (Y/N) stiffened greatly. "My...Quirk?" She questioned. She suddenly shook her head. "I'd rather not talk about it. Lets just...keep going, alright?" Uraraka and Iida shared a look but shrugged it off. Pretty soon they were sent home and (Y/N) sat down with her family for dinner. Her mother smiled at her as she sat down. "Its nice you're making friends who aren't scared of you for your Quirk sweetie." She said. "They don't know about it..." (Y/N) muttered, eating her food. Her sisters shared a look as her dad sneered. "Of course they don't. Why would they stay in the same room as you if they did?" He asked. Her mother smacked him. "Why don't you ever leave her alone!?" Her mother growled at him. "(Y/N)...why are people so scared of you?" Her younger sister, Silver, asked. "Silver...you're too young to understand." Mika, (Y/N)'s older sister, commented, ruffling the little girl's hair. 

(Y/N) slowly stood up, taking her plate and leaving the table. She ate in her room, alone. Just like the night before, and the night before that.