5 - "I'd never want to lose you."

I need to distant myself from him. I can't fall in that trap again. Ever since last night, it made me feel some type of way that i promised myself i wouldn't. I decided it's best if i just cut ties with him.

My phone buzzed on the table causing me to snap back to reality. I opened it up to see Jazzy texting me.
Jazzy - "heyy wanna go shopping? i heard there's a sale at victoria secret ;)"
I texted back sure and maybe it's the best to take my mind off of him.
Jazzy - "k girly ! be there in 10 mins !!"

- setting (sunset mall)
"Soo.. how's you and that guy jabez? right?" She wiggled her eyebrows suspiciously.
"Nothing.. We're just uh, friends." I cracked a smile.
*should i tell her that i cut him off?..*
I gulped a little and decided to tell her the truth.
"No. I cut him off.." I took a sip of my smoothie. Her mouth dropped and asked me why so many times.
"It's just.. i'm scared. I can't trust guys anymore. You know what happened.." My voice trails in silence.
"Yeah.. it was pretty nasty. Fuck Josh." She looked away annoyed.
"Hey wait a second. Is that..?" She squinted her eyes at a distance.
"What? What are you looking at?" I copied her and look to my surprise.
*Jabez..*
"Hey girl, don't worry about him. You got me and Hayley! But on the low, you need to start gaining trust with him. I think he's a nice guy. Not just cause of his looks, but his personality and manners are nice."
"But.." I stuttered.
"No. You can't just let the past get to you. That's why it's called the past for a reason. Leave it behind. Take control of your grudges and go for it." She takes a bite of her salad.
*You know. Now i think about it, she has a point.*
"I know what you're saying but you know i can't just immediately start forgetting. Takes time." She nods at the response and we walked around the mall til she got a call from her dad telling her she had to be home because of a problem at home. We headed back home.
2 hours later i get a call from Jabez.
- Jabez: hey how are you?
- Ashley: good, what about you?
- Jabez: i'm fine, hey want to go to the fair today ?

I hesitated for a while.
- Ashley: oh sure
- Jabez: alright i'm gonna pick you up in 20 mins.

- California's Fun Fair. 6:20pm -
"Woah. I never been to the fair before.." my eyes sparkles as i saw flashing bright lights cover the whole fair. There was cotton candy, little kids running around and a huge ferriswheel spinning slowly above me.
"I used to go here when i was small with my brother but it changed hella since i stepped in here. Cmon, let's try out the games!" He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the first game.

"I got skills to pay the bills, you're gonna lose." He smirks at you.
"Who the fuck says that anymore? Anyways take the L." I winked in response and threw my rings only getting 4 bottles. I looked over and to my surprise he got 6 bottles?!
"Soo.. what did you say about taking the L?" He shrugged and flashed a huge smile. He picked a large teddy bear and handed it to me.
"For me? Are you sure ?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Take itt.. it's your first time soo here's a memory of it." I grinned brightly and hugged it tightly causing me to laugh. We played 7 games, rode rollercoasters and got cotton candy.

"Alright our last ride is the ferriswheel, my favorite part!" He smiled and dragged me to the ride.
As the cart took us higher, the lights became blurry and flashed brightly across the cart. It was really beautiful plus the sound of the beach waves crashing completed the scenery.
"Wow.." Escaped from my lips looking outside of the window.
"Beautiful isn't it?" He said looking out the window. I looked away and glanced towards him. His smile is everything. It could just make your heart melt just by staring at him.
"Am i that handsome?" He took his off of the window and looked at me. I felt my ears get hot and side eye him saying no.
"I saw you, you know." He whispered and chuckled.
I argued back saying, "no you didn't. Prove that i did." 

He sat next to me, his face inched close to mine causing my breath to hitch. He looked at my lips and i looked at his. He paused for a moment to take into the silence. We both close our eyes and to both of our surprised, our lips were together. It was a slow, nice kiss. His lips were soft and sweet. I felt his hand caressed my face then behind my ear bringing me closer to him. He broke the kiss and stared deeply into my eyes.

"I'd never want to lose you."

-xoxoxo