Chapter 8

My eyes fluttered open and I took a look at my surroundings.

No Josh.

No Zayn.

No anybody.

Although, I could hear mumbling out in the hallway.

I gasp suddenly and jerk forward, gripping my stinging and throbbing leg. Pain killers would have been nice.

My breathing deepens as the pain continued to shoot up and down my leg.

An undescribable pain, lingers where my wound is and I let out a blood curling scream. I had always wondered why they were called that.

Well, I now knew why.

I heard quick footsteps rush towards the room and the door swung open to reveal Zayn. "What?!" He asks and came towards me.

My hand still had a firm grip around my leg and my breathing was deep and uneven. I let out another yelp as the excruciating pain intensified.

"It... hurts!" I wailed loudly. I felt so pathetic and humiliated.

I come into the gang all mighty and tough, then I'm suddenly laying in a bed wailing and complaining about pain.

Chill out, Carter. You were shot! No, I will not chill. I look like a joke!

"Carter... I ... " He sighed. "Carter, there's nothing I can do." He says softly and a glint of sorrow and sincerity coats his amber eyes.

I could barely look at him because of the pain I felt. Well, karma is a bitch... so... fuck you karma for whatever the hell I did to you!

"Do you...have..." I swallowed hard. "Pain killers?" I hold in another yelp.

Zayn takes my hand away from my leg, releasing the pressure I applied to my leg. It helped slightly, but not a lot.

His eyes turned apologetic. "No."

What kind of gang is this? You'd think they'd have pain killers just in case one of them got hurt or something.

I can feel myself starting to sweat from the pain.

I lower my head onto my knee and listened to my heavy breathing as tears poured out of my eyes again.

I feel Zayn tense, obviously not use to being around people who cry. He clearly didn't know what to do.

"Do you have... anything?" I ask, but he shakes his head at me. "What about Josh? Shouldn't he have left painkillers or something to knock me out?"

"He doesn't. We had a deal a few years back. He doesn't tell anyone he's our doctor because he could get charged. The deal was that Josh only helped us with the serious injuries, but we get no sympathy for the pain we're in unless it's something a lot more serious."

"Well, you'd think this would be pretty serious," I say through clenched teeth and he chuckles, which calmed me slightly.

"But is there anything else I can do?" He asked and I nod.

I'm hesitant, but finally gather the courage to ask him. "Can you... can you stay with me... just until I go to sleep or until the pain is gone?" He looked at me, not moving, not speaking.

He gets up and I knew that he was leaving. I knew I shouldn't have asked, but I'm caught off guard when I see him getting into the bed and lay next to me.

I bite down on my lip, the taste of copper in my mouth, and I lick away the blood. The pain takes over me and I roll over, burying my face deep into his neck. "It hurts so much," my weak voice mumbles.

I dig my fingers into the bed, trying to take away the intensity of the pain, but it doesn't seem to work.

"It'll pass. I promise," he murmured. I tighten my grip on him and he rubs my back soothingly. "Well, you're definitely off to a wrong start," he says trying to lighten the mood and I laugh lightly.

"I'm such a joke."

"No, you're not."

_____________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to @SammySaysSo :) much love to those that read my stories!

Comment,Vote,Fan!!!

-Abby :) xx