"Wait," James said, things beginning to click in his brain. "That Hufflepuff, Jacob, is your cousin? The one you always hang out with?" James was surprised by the relief he felt at finding out that Jacob Addington was Charlie's relative. They're just friends, he thought to himself smugly.

     "I thought you were smarter than that, Potter," Charlie smirked. "What took you so long to figure it out?"

     "You never mentioned having family at Hogwarts," he spluttered, eyes wide.

     Charlie shrugged. "It never came up."

     "Is that why you put those Slytherins in the hospital wing fourth year for teasing Jacob for being gay?" Sirius asked sleepily, not even bothering to open his eyes.

     "You did what?" Rubertta demanded, eyes shining with new information, eager to hear the damage her older cousin caused in defense of her older brother.

     "Nothing," Charlie said quickly. "Sirius, there are small impressionable children present."

     He merely shrugged, unfazed. "Fuck you," Charlie whispered.

     Giggles were heard from the two young girls. "I heard that," Rubertta admitted.

     Charlie turned back to face her small cousin and her friend. "What's up?"

     The small blonde's face suddenly turned solemn. It would be almost comical seeing such small, childish features squished into such a stone faced demeanor, if it wasn't so concerning.

     "I need your help," she whispered, as if someone else was listening to their conversation.

     Rubertta tugged on her friends hand, bringing her closer to the all-listening group of seven Gryffindors. "This is Maya. She's my friend."

     Charlie took in the sight of the small girl. She was slightly taller than Rubertta with much darker features- deep brown eyes, beautiful coffee colored skin. Her hair, that Charlie presumed to be black, was masked beneath a navy colored scarf that Charlie knew to be a hijab.

     "Hi, Maya," Charlie said softly with a small smile.

     The small girl smiled. "Hi," she whispered.

     Rubertta pursed her lips, looking at Maya questioningly. "You want to tell them or should I?"

     It struck Charlie as odd at how grown up her little cousin sounded. She felt saddened remembering her twelfth birthday was only a few months away; Rubertta was growing up.

     Maya's eyebrows came together. "They're your friends."

     "No," Rubertta shook her head. "It's my cousin and her friends."

     "Rubertta," Charlie interrupted impatiently with a roll of her eyes. "Get to the point."

     Rubertta chewed on her bottom lip. "We have a problem. Well, mainly Maya, but I want to help. I just don't know how to fix it."

     "What's the problem?" James asked, now heavily invested in the problems of these two eleven-year-olds.

     "Maya is Muslim," Rubertta said slowly.

     "Yeah, kid," Sirius interjected with a yawn. "We got that, but what's the problem?"

     "Sirius," Lily reprimanded. "Be kinder, maybe?"

     "I'm sleepy," he complained, as if this justified his words.

     Marlene rolled her eyes. "Go on, Rubertta."