You've Got a Friend

Start from the beginning

"You alright Pet? Do you need me to drive." She asked. Ant rolled his eyes.

"No Mam. I'm fine." He answered. What is the big deal? he thought to himself. It's not like anything bad is gonna happen.

We that obviously wasn't true. Only 10 minutes later Ant's reflexes weren't going as fast as he wanted them to and ended up skidding into another car. Immediately the air bags exploded In the both of their faces. Ant was shocked still A thousand thoughts and fears exploding into his drunken mind. But one fear stuck... What will Dec do to me? He will hate me...

Ant was startled out of his thoughts by the sound of a young child screaming. Oh God what have I done? He opened the door of his car and ran to where the kid was crying. "Mummy I'm Gonna Die! I'm Dying Mummy!" Ant's heart skipped two beats and he immediately went to worst case scenario. His mind blanking and everything Became fuzzy and he was paralyzed.

"Mr. McPartlin? Sir?"

Ant shook his head fiercely. "I-I..." He was speechless.

"We have some questions for you."

"Okay."

"First of all, Did you crash into this car?" He asked pointing to the damaged car in front of his.

Ant bit his bottom lip. "Y-Yes... Yes I did."

"What happened?"

"I lost control."

"Do you have any explanation for why?"

"N- Yeah..."

"And what may that be?"

"Well I... I may have had a Pint... Or Two." Ant winced.

"Tell the truth Mr. McPartlin."

He looked down at his feet. "I Had 10...." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry how many?"

"10."

"And what drink was this?"

"Beer." Ant responded still looking at his feet.

"Based on my basic observations, you have committed a crime. You will have to face a judge and accept your fine. Do you understand?"

Ant nodded a lump forming in his throat.

"Turn around please Sir."

"I'm sorry what?"

"Turn around hands behind your back."

Ant did as he was told. The Officer began to cuff him.

"Is this necessary? Could we skip this part?"

"Nope, Sorry. Basic procedures for dealing with drunks."

Drunk Huh? That's My label now.

Ant was brought back into the present because Dec had opened the door and was resting a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"What's up mate?"

"Just thinking... How did you know?"

Dec smiled. "You're cryin' pal."

Ant chuckled. "Huh. I guess I am." He wiped the tears away quickly to avoid further embarrassment.

"You don't have to be embarrassed."

"I guess we still got it huh?"

"Yeah, I suppose we have." The two of them shared a grin.

"Where are we going Decs?"

"Well we were going to go down to London to get money from my bank account that I forgot I had until yesterday, But I thought I would you something first. Why don't come inside for a little longer?"

"Sure."

Ant and Dec made their way back into the warm Flat and Dec asked Ant to stand and wait. Dec disappeared into another room and came out with his phone. Dec placed the phone gently on the table and began to hit some buttons then came to stand In front of Ant, Leaning into him and whispering- "Remember..."

Ant began to hear a familiar melody and then came the lyrics, hitting home hard...

When your down and troubled

And you need a helping hand

And nothing, nothing is going right

Close your eyes and think of me

And soon I will be there

To brighten up even your darkest night...

You just call out my name

And you know wherever I am

I'll come running to see you again

Winter, spring, summer, or fall

All you've got to do is call

And I'll be there, yes I will

You've got a friend...

Ant and Dec where hugging and swaying to the music that was playing in the background.

"Thanks Dec, That meant a lot."

"I knew it would."

You've got a friend...

**************************

Song: You've got a friend By Carole King or James Taylor (They both sing it, just slightly altered lyrics)

**************************

Edited May 6 2020