a back of a man wearing a white shirt and some lion printed pajamas with some fluffy slippers was what donghyuck could see and his jaw already dropped.

it was a lion.

that's where he knew that he is in a dangerous situation. a pudu breathing the same air inside the kitchen with a royal, that wasn't what donghyuck had expected to happen ever. one sound then it'll surely cost him his own life.

he could see how masculine enough the lion is by its back, donghyuck was sure that it wouldn't take for the lion any guards. the lion could just take him alone and having the scenario in mind made donghyuck gulp.

not intending it to be that loud, the kitchen was coincidentally just quiet.

hm?❞ the lion looked up from the glass of water and turned around to see if anyone was there.

donghyuck covered his mouth and shut his eyes very tight as he snuggle his body close behind the kitchen island. if renjun was there with him, he'd already be recieving a scolding for being so loud at times like that.

donghyuck hoped that the lion that's with him inside the kitchen would just shrug the noise he heard and continue to leave out of the kitchen.

but the lion was also curious like him. ❝is anyone here?

the pudu knew it was the wrong time to be in awe by the lion's damn voice but he just can't help but fall unto that attractive voice. he almost gave himself in but he isn't that much of a stupid person.

i swear i heard someone gulping.❞ the lion had his brows furrowed but then shrugged, not putting too much attention to it. ❝probably just grandfather's spirit.

donghyuck's breathing hitched when he heard that. he was truly scared and was near to jumping out behind the kitchen island. there's a spirit inside the kitchen?

his thoughts about having ghosts inside the kitchen were cut off when he heard a glass being placed down the wooden table and the lion's footsteps echoing inside the kitchen, letting donghyuck guess that he was leaving. risking his life for his curiousity, donghyuck peeked once more and was in astonished seeing the breathtaking view of a familiar looking lion.

he swore he had seen him at some point in his life.

there's no doubt.

simba?

well, that came out too loud. donghyuck snapped back to his senses and went to quickly cover his mouth, hiding behind the kitchen island once more.

with the kitchen being so quiet as a library, there's no way the lion couldn't have heard the voice. the lion's ears perked and had his head turned so quickly that would surely worry anyone who could have seen that in thought of having his neck broken.

who is it?❞ the lion had his brows furrowed and followed where he had heard the voice, combining it along with sniffing the scent of the owner of the voice.

meanwhile, the pudu hiding as if his life depends on it (which actually does) was cursing millions of time at the mistake he made. he could hear the footsteps coming towards him and his breathing was getting uneven. he didn't know what to do and where to escape, that is if he can even escape.

"mark, where have you gone off to?"

a woman's voice was heard outside of the kitchen but was left unheard by donghyuck as he was busy praying for his life to be spared. then there's mark, groaning once he heard his mother's voice. he had no choice but to shrug of the fact that he heard a voice inside the kitchen and convinced himself once more that it was his grandfather's spirit. spooky, but he had gotten used to thinking that.

kitchen, mother!❞ the lion, named mark, shouted and turned his back once more and went straight out of the kitchen, not forgetting to turn off the switch and shutting the door tight. he didn't even spare a last glance inside the kitchen and left.

darkness once again covered the kitchen.

it took donghyuck a few more seconds before releasing the air he didn't even know that he has been keeping and exhaled the nervousness he has felt awhile ago.

he didn't know where he gathered the will to recover quickly to the situation but he quickly stood up and ran towards the door, wanting to follow the lion which he was hiding from. donghyuck was confident that he knew that lion but he didn't know why he wanted to suddenly follow him when he was hiding from him awhile ago.

but a hand just had to stop him from opening the wooden doors that leads to the other side of the kingdom.

perhaps, was it the lion's grandfather's spirit? spooky.

and where are you off to at night, little one?

or maybe not.

donghyuck slowly turned his body around and froze upon seeing those glaring eyes looking down at him, clearly not amused.

good news, it isn't the lion's grandfather's spirit. bad news, an eagle has caught him.

renjun sure is going to scold him real good for this. speaking of renjun, look who had just entered the kitchen with his ears fuming and smoke coming out from his nose. donghyuck could only give him one nervous smile, obviously not getting the mood up but at least he tried. not only that, a bunny was following from behind and that had caught the eagle's attention.

the meerkat groaned real loud. great, just great.

jeno, spare him.❞ renjun begged, eyes travelling from donghyuck to the eagle that's trapping the pudu.

the eagle smirked, leaving the pudu behind and had his arms crossed as he faced the meerkat.

what if i don't want to?

⚊ t b c ⚊