Chapter 7

Sitting in the silence, next to Wilbur was really awkward. Nobody was saying anything and I really didn't want to distract him from driving, we all know how that would end...

"Do you want to listen to some music?" he asked quickly looking at me with a smile on his face.

"Oh...yeah, sure!" I replied smiling back at his side profile since he turned his head back towards the street.

He nods and starts pressing buttons on the radio until I hear a familiar melody playing.

"I love this song!" I said, moving my feet to the rythm.

"I like it a lot aswell, my dear. I was thinking about doing a slower cover of it." he hummed along to the song.

"Oh man, that would be the best thing ever. You really have to make that happen or I'm gonna be seriously disappointed in you whale boy."

He started laughing and after being able to breathe again, he says "D-Did you just call me 'whale boy'?"

I started silently freaking out in my head. Why would I call him that?! That's the one of the weirdest things you can call someone. Goddamnit y/n, you are so dumb.

"I um-yes...sorry. I didn't think about what I was saying." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Don't worry, it just surprised me since nobody ever called me that in person." he said, chuckling.

After that the car goes quiet for a few seconds until Wilbur starts singing the lyrics of the song. It was honestly crazy to hear his voice in person, it's way more beautiful than on YouTube.

"You're pounding in your sleep, I'm waking, yawning." he sang calmly.

"We're proving to eachother that Romance is boring." I joined in.

He slightly turned his head towards me with big eyes, filled with a surprised look.

"What?" I ask him, confused.

"Your voice is beautiful y/n. Have you ever thought about joining the music club?" he rapidly replied.

"Actually, I was in the music club at my old school and yesterday after my last class, some girl came up to me and asked me if I was interested in joining the music club here. Of course, I said yes." I told him.

"Welcome to the music club then. I'm sure you're gonna do great!"

"Thanks...By the way, she said something about the current female lead singer being really bad. Is that true?" I asked.

"Um...well...uhhh........yes. She's not that good..." he replied in a nervous tone.

"Okay. Could you maybe tell me who it is? It's totally okay if you don't wan-"

"It's Ellie." he sighed.

"Ellie? You mean as in, your girlfriend Ellie?" I asked.

"Yeah...she believes that she is an amazing singer but honestly...she sounds like a dying donkey. Every other girl is scared of her, that's why she's always the female lead. But now that you're here, maybe it's your time to shine?" he smiled at me with the biggest smile I've ever seen him do.

"Oh...I'm sure no one could be that bad at singing. But if you want to, I can try to get the female lead this time? Just to save everyone's ears of course." I said, chuckling.

"Trust me, somehow she manages it. I would forever be grateful if you'd actually be the female lead singer. I feel like we would work great together."

Just hearing him say those words made me so happy. I want to try to beat Ellie in this, for him...

"I'll try my best, Wilbur." I said and smiled at him. He smiled back at me in reply.

After a while, we finally arrived at the parking lot of our school and I immediately saw Cassandra waiting Infront of the big doors.

"Here we are madam, I hope you enjoyed your ride. You owe me 20$ now." he parked and grinned at me.

"The ride was lovely my dear but sadly I don't have any money on me, so you'll have to wait for your payment unless a very sweet and handsome sir would be so kind and not make me pay" I fake flattered.

"Oh, I'm sure that can be arranged for another compliment from you madam." he smirked.

"Your driving skills are so flawless and your beanie fits your head so perfectly, you might even say you were born with it. Aiaiaiiii..." I giggled.

"Oh my-I think I'm gonna faint! This hit me harder than a truck at full speed, wowie." he laughed and I joined in.

"Not gonna lie, I think the truck would hit you harder than those compliments. Anyways, do I still have to pay you the 20 bucks?" I said and made puppy eyes after we kind of, stopped laughing.

He was thinking and said "Hmph...fine. But next time you'll have to pay me the real cash.".

"I think that can be arranged." I smiled as we both got out of his truck and closed it's doors.

"Thanks again for the ride Wilbur!" I smiled feeling my cheeks getting a little rosy.

"Anytime, that's what friends do." he smiled and we started walking towards the front doors, where Cassandra was waiting.

D-Did he really call me his friend? I'm friends with Wilbur Soot?! Aight I'm boutta pass out...

Cassandra turned to our direction and  waved with a smile on her face which I returned. She lifted an eyebrow and looked confused when she saw who was next to me. When we got to Cassandra I hugged her and Wilbur just shook her hand and introduced himself.

"I'm Wilbur, nice to meet you."

"I'm Cassandra, nice to meet you too Wilbur." she said.

"So, how was your walk?" she asked me.

"Oh um, I didn't walk. Wilbur gave me a ride as soon as he saw me walking on the sidewalk." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Wow, looks like we've got a classic gentleman here." she giggled and I joined in.

"Well, I try my best to act like one." Wilbur said, right as the school bell rang.

"I have to hurry up, I still need to grab my stuff from the locker..." I nervously said whilst we walked inside the school building.

"Don't worry, we have enough time left Y/n!" Cas said, and she was right. We managed to get to Wilbur's and my locker and arrive at our classes in time. What a great start of the day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Okay this Chapter sucks, I randomly wrote this a few weeks ago and continued it today. I'm taking so long with this story and I'm genuinely sorry guys!

1115 Words