"I'm baking some cookies, Would you like to help me?" Y/n's mother, M/n, asked her.

"Sure, sounds fun." Y/n walked into the kitchen and helped her mom cook and clean the kitchen back up. "Where did you learn to make the cookies?"

"Well, I learned from my mother and she learned from her mother who learned from her father and so on." M/n told her.

"That's neat! Can you teach me some day?"

"Sure honey. Now off to bed it's almost ten.You can have a cookie in the morning."

Y/n's brother left early saying he needed to do something. "Bye mom! Thanks for the cookies!" Y/n called to her mother running out the door to the bus stop. She saw her brother toppled over and vomit next to him. His friends were in no better condition. "Jeff? Liu?! What's going on?" She asked, running faster. The bus started getting closer and closer. Liu grabbed Jeff and they both ran towards school while Y/n looked at her brother Troy. "A-are you okay?" Troy looked up at her and gave her a snarl, "Your damn boyfriends are shit!" His words made her take a step back. The bus pulled up and the driver looked at them. "What happened?" The bus driver asked Y/n.

"I don't know. I just got here before you showed up..." Y/n's eyes teared up. "They'll be okay right?"

"They should be, I'm calling an ambulance right now. You walk on to school, or hop on the bus and wait." He told her.

Y/n decided to walk, but when she got to her classes she found it hard to concentrate in any class. 'Please be okay.' She told herself not sure if she was more concerned about her brother or her best friends. Her day dragged on, even though she had a class with Jeff, he never glanced at her once.

Walking through her front door Y/n was greeted by her mother. "Y/n dear? Are you okay?" Her voice was full of concern.

"I'm fine, why?"

"Your brother didn't go to school today because he was punched and threw up. I wanted to make sure you didn't get hurt."

"No, I'm fine. I'm going to head to bed after I do my homework."

"Okay, sweetie." M/n said with a sigh.

The next day Y/n woke up and saw blue and red lights. Jumping over to the window, she saw Liu being taken away. 'Oh Liu! what did you get yourself into?!' Quickly getting dressed she put on her shoes and a small jacket. "Bye mom! love you." She called to M/n, not giving M/n a chance to protest in the early morning, then ran over to Jeff's house seeing the police now gone. Knocking on the door Jeff opened it. "Y-Y/n? Why are you here?" Jeff asked her, his eyes red.

"What happened? Why did they take Liu away? Are you okay? Did my brother cause this mess?" She frantically asked, looking at the clock on the wall in Jeff's house seeing it was only around ten or so.

"Nothing happened.. Just go away." Jeff told her, closing the door in her face. "Jeff! Open the door!" Y/n shouted at the door, but Jeff didn't open it. A car had pulled up. "Y/n? Why are you here?" The boy's father asked as he was stepping out of his car.

"No reason, I was just leaving." She told him and walked away feeling helpless and sad. 'Why won't he tell me..?'

Monday morning rolled in slowly. Y/n went to school like normal and tried to forget about what had happened to her friend. Though she still had several questions in regards to what happened to Liu and why. She tried to talk to Jeff over the week, but he wouldn't speak to her, only giving her short answers such as, 'I don't know', 'I can't say', 'Why do you care? It was your brother's fault.' she couldn't help but feel it was her fault too. She decided she'd try and give him time.