🔹22 - Count on Me🔹

Start from the beginning

And I know when I need it

"T-Thank you for helping me, kind person." The little boy said, bowing respectfully at Solar. The latter sweatdropped a bit as he chuckled nervously, raising both of his hands up.

"There's no need to be too formal, you know?" The light elemental stated, curving a gentle smile on his lips.

I can count on you

"My name is Duri!" The little boy named Duri cheerfully said, smiling brightly afterwards. "What's yours?"

"I'm Solar. Pleasure to meet you." Solar introduced, nodding his head slightly while smiling a bit.

Like 4, 3, 2

"Can I be your friend, Solar?" Duri asked, tilting his head slightly at the side. "Because, nobody wants to be friends with Duri..." He said, lowering his head down with a gloomy face. "Duri is all alone, and lonely..." He added.

You'll be there

For the first time in the light elemental's life, someone wants to be friends him. His once miserable life became a bright one, all because of Duri being part of Solar's life right now. 'Is this what I get for doing a good deed...?' He thought, as he smiled happily.

'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do

"I'm more than happy to be your friend, Duri." Solar said, smiling warmly at him. Duri's smile widened at his response.

The little boy then turned around, making something productive and is a secret for Solar, making the latter tilted his head in confusion. After a few seconds, Duri then turned back at him, now holding a hand-made flower crown and placed it on top of the light element's head. "Here's for saving me from the two bullies!" He exclaimed, smiling cheekily while looking at his friend who was wearing the flower crown he'd made. The light element blushed slightly and looked away, laughing nervously.

"Thank you, Duri."

~~~~~~~~~~

If you're tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep

Sighing lightly, the light element was seated on a swing, holding on to the chains at the side while swinging lightly. He was silently crying while looking at his peaceful surroundings. His mind was full of negative thoughts, about his parents saying harsh things about him, abusing him when he made a single mistake, and hurting him physically and mentally.

I'll sing a song beside you

The thoughts on his head lead him into deep depression, where he'd only see the world black and gray, a dark and moody one. He questioned to himself about why he was living in this world and born only to get beaten up by his parents. He questioned about why would he have to live with such a complicated life. He questioned why would he deserve a family who only wants the definition of being so 'perfect' and being so pushy around things. 

And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me

As he continued thinking negatively, he was then on the verge of just, ending his life already just to make it all easier for him. He didn't care anymore since, nobody even cares, not even his parents once love nor care about him. He just wanted to be free from the life he was facing right now.

Every day I will remind you

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around him, giving him a warm, comforting hug, making him snapped out from his thoughts and looked to see the person who'd hugged him. His heart sunk as he realized, there was someone who really cares about him. There was someone who appreciates and loves him for who he is. There was someone who deeply trusts and truly believes in him. It was Duri, his only close friend who really accepts him for who he is.