~2~

Ever since childhood, he had heard stories about soulmates.

It could be like the red string of fate or love at first sight. He didn't understand yet why they was so important.

A soulmate was someone you would cherish, someone who would be your happily ever after. That person would be the love of your life and make you happy like no one else.

When you are born, you are destined to have a soulmate. Or maybe even more than one.

As a child, Changkyun never really payed attention to the crayon like colors spreading though other children's faces. Because when you were child, you simply didn't care that much.

He thought the colors was just a result of playing in kindergarten. Changkyun realized years later what the colors really meant. Those beautiful colors who looked so prettily on each person.

The moment you touch your soulmate, colors bloom where you have touched. You feel a little spark of electricity and suddenly, you see colors, your own color, on the skin of your soulmate.

It was beautiful, just like a fairy tail. And it was true like that.

Young Changkyun always asked his mother about the blue colors on her skin. She would always laugh and then sit down with him. Sometimes, she would pull Jaebum to sit with them and tell them stories about soulmates and happily ever after. Their parents would always look so lovingly at each other.

If it only had been so simple.

Young Changkyun grew older. And when primary school came, they got to learn about soulmates.

All the dynamics and science facts. About how they first were a legend coming true.

He would always look on his arm after meeting strangers, waiting for his soulmate to find him someday. It never came during his middle school days.

Time went and he gave up. What's the use of it anyways?

Though he always found it strange that you would meet a total stranger and whoops! You are in love with him or her. You see that person and think that they are the person for you, someone you would want to spend your whole life with.

But with soulmates also came consequences.

First problem could be the age gap. And many persons don't accept their soulmates at once and that's what breaking them apart. There were people finding their soulmates but that person already had someone else. That hurt the most, because you know you aren't the one for your soulmate.

Then there was also those who didn't have a soulmate. They could have loosed their soulmate or was born without one. Changkyun hopes he wasn't one of them. He really didn't know if he could handle that.

During the years, he got to experience so much beautiful relationships start and soulmates finding each other.

Jaebum was so happy the day he came home, Jinyoung's purple all over his cheeks. They were already soulmates since before, their parents had noticed but both of them really realized when they were seven. His brother was so happy, smile wider than ever before.

He suspected his hyung already had a crush on Jinyoung hyung since before.

When they started high school, it changed. Jinyoung met Jackson and soon they could see how his green and Jaebum's black was painted all over his skin.

Jaebum took a while too adjust.

He and Jackson was friends since before but it wasn't everyday your friend came to you with you boyfriend, claiming you were soulmates.

But soon enough, they agreed to start a polyamory relationship. His hyung learned to love Jackson as much as Jinyoung.

Changkyun for the first time, understood how beautiful it was with soulmates and how many you really could have.

Jackson introduced Jinyoung and Jaebum to Mark. And then they met BamBam and Yugyeom.

Changkyun wondered how it was to be loved by so many. He wanted to feel that happiness.

Taeyong, another hyung he knows has 20 soulmates, maybe more. He always wondered how the smaller male proceeded to handle all that. But seeing how all 21 loved each other, maybe polyamory wasn't so hard after all.

Most of his friends were in a relationship. Polyamory, yes, if you ask him. And most of them already met their soulmate or soulmates. They even had a group chat, Eunjeong hyung would always joke about how it was the "subs or bottoms" group chat.

Time flew by and still haven't he found his soulmate. He gave up soon after his 16th birthday.

It's not time for him yet. But soon enough. There were still things planned for him.

Changkyun wanted to love and be loved.