12 | Disco Disco

Începe de la început

I rolled my eyes "And hasn't anyone told you that you don't answer a question with a question?" He looked at me straight in the eyes before saying.

"You first." I beamed at him.

"Alright! Cats or Dogs?"

"Dogs anytime." He said making me smile. "Me too! Your turn" he paused for a while thinking, "Your pet peeves?" He took a sip of his wine, his eyes not leaving mine. I bit on my lower lip before saying "Blood and Lizards." He nodded slowly.

"Your favorite old classic song?"

"Can't help falling in love" I smiled at the mention of it. "Oh I love it too!"

"Your favorite book?" He asked making me jump "Oh I like a lot of them! I am a die-hard Sidney Sheldon and Murakami fan. But talking about books apart from their's I'm a sucker for the Divergent series! Also when I was a kid I was Gaga over Twilight moreover Edward Cullen. And if we talk about Indian Authors, has to be Arundhati Roy but still my favorite book would be Till the last breath by Durjoy Datta! Godd you should definitely try it!" I saw him pass a small smile at me "You're a sucker for books aren't you?" I gave him my Cheshire cat smile before saying. "You bet."

"The age at which you lost your virginity?" I asked. His eyebrows shot up. "That escalated quick." He said to which I shrugged. "I'm straightforward." He chuckled before scratching the back of his neck "12 or 13 I guess" I let out a teasing whistle "Oohlaalaa." He chuckled before asking

"You?"

With that I felt my smile drop. Memories of that terrible night came rushing down my mind and I felt a lump form at the back of my throat.

"I'm sorry but pass. You can ask me anything else." This time he gave me a teasing smile.

"Not happening Wife. Don't worry you can trust me"

Do I? Do I trust him enough to tell him the truth? I just know him for a day. I know that being my husband he deserves to know stuffs but am I courageous enough to tell him. Tell him that my childhood was not exactly the best thing in my life. Tell him that I am not a virgin but I didn't exactly lose it to someone I trusted, someone I knew. Tell him that it wasn't something I wanted. Tell him how a six-year-old me was raped.

"6" I say as I see his smile drop and a frown take over.

No I can't.

"Or 4, or 8 or 13 or 18 or for the record yesterday. You never know." I finished with a playful wink making him roll his eyes, I felt tears threatening to leave my eyes but I tried to stay collected and smiled

No tears Raqeeba!

"Fine. You're a cheat." He said

"Hey! I do let you ask another!" I defended

"Alright. What are your thoughts about...cheating?" He moved uncomfortably as he asked me that. I frowned.

"Cheating." I tested the words on my lips and made a grimaced expression before shaking my head in disgrace.

"I find cheating so not justified. It sucks actually.... Breaking someone's trust, building something without honesty and worst of all... Living with it. As in how can you do that. How can you live without a code of conduct, without any morals or ethics that is unless it's a toxic forced relationship where in your partner is you know those psychic druggie or alcoholic." He didn't say anything and just kept looking at me