'Why am I here? This seems like a Ruel, Nate problem' Joel says as he fiddles with his camera

'For the video diary...Just try and keep her out of it as much as possible I know it might be hard because we can't be separated but it will look sketchy if she's just popping up randomly and constantly in the video' I try to explain but Joel completely understands.

'Yeah, of course. I'm really proud of you mate. For this tour and for her' Joel shares a genuine smile and I nod.

'Thanks Joel.'

APRIL'S POV

I sat on the lounge behind Joel as he faces the camera to Ruel who was eating popcorn. 'First show of the American tour, how do you feel?' Joel asks Ruel.

'Um, yeah, pretty good. Um, San Francisco, first show of the tour. Pretty good. Two shows sold out' He slowly nods and I hold in my laugh at his stupid sense of humour.

'Just kidding! It's the first show! Woo! Look at him go! Look at him jump! He's like a little rabbit.' Ruel points at Beau as I can't help but burst out into laughter as Joel lowers the camera and Ruel runs at me, tackling me into a hug.

'Are you laughing at me missy?' he mumbles into the crook of my neck

'Absolutely' I reply with an uncontrollable smile.

'Yeah, I was too. You're pretty odd' Kate speaks up before Ruel stands up and walks over to his mum and starts to fake punch her while making fake sound effects.

'Sorry darling' she speaks blandly

'Can you just hit him, Kate? Actually hit him' Joel requests, filming again.

'Just like, slap him' I encourage this behaviour as Kate looks over at me and then hits him on his cheek and we join in as we all laugh.

'Ruel. Side stage' Nate pops his head into the room before Ruel jogs over me, giving me a long kiss. He then follows Nate to side stage where I could hear the crowd already cheering

The show was once again amazing and it was super weird seeing such a small crowd there but I had a feeling like he felt more comfortable with the smaller crowds. 

I felt your heart skip a beat every time he held a fan's hand but I  knew that was what came with being with a guy like him. He thanked the crowd before walking off the stage and backstage to me, wrapping me in a hug and kissing my head. 

'Ew, you're sweaty' I mumbled but he just laughed and faced Nate

'Is the tour bus ready?' Nate nodded at Ruel's question and I felt him squeeze my hand as we followed them outside to the tour bus. 

Joel pulls out the camera and Ruel starts to talk. 'Alright, I'm about to see the tour bus for the first time. I've never been on a tour bus so I'm very nervous and excited.'

I follow Ruel and Joel into the tour bus, standing behind Michelle and Kate to make sure I stayed out of the video

'Oh, sick! This is dope! This is very comfortable. Look at the tv. Check our these bunks' he stops at a door and opens it. 'Shower! It's a shower!' I roll my eyes and laugh. 

How is so amused by every little thing? 

He keeps walking and goes into the bunk area.'This is sick. This feels like camp...but in like, the best way possible. There's so many bunks. Here we go.' he pulls open the back door to reveal his bedroom in the back. 'Oh sick. Oh yes! Oh, this is great. Oh it's so comfy.'

He flops onto his bed and continues to show his excitement. 

Joel turns the camera around so I quickly duck behind Kate to stay out of frame in reflex. 'Oh my god. This is amazing! Oh my god, look at your room' Michelle gushes over the bus.

I manage to peak through the door to see Ruel dancing on his bed and we both share a smile. 

I hear Nate come onto the bus after Joel finishes asking one more question for Ruel and comes into the back room to talk to us 'April, what bunk are you taking?' Nate asks and I open my mouth to answer but Ruel cuts me off. 

'The one in here' he forms his lips into a line, leaning on his hand that was behind me. 

'That's funny' Nate says with no sarcasm. 

'I'm being serious' Ruel replies and I felt instantly awkward being in the middle of this. 

'No way. You guys aren't sleeping in the same bed. April your bunk is on top of Michelle. Time to go to bed anyways.' I purse my lips and give Ruel a kiss before grabbing your bag and climbing into my bunk. 

It was dead quiet that night. I couldn't sleep. 

I rolled over and checked the time; 1:03am. I feel someone pull open my bed curtain and roll back over to see shirtless Ruel standing there, 'Come on' he whispers.

'What?' I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. 

'Come into the back' he says back and my heart skips a beat.

'I'm not allowed to, remember? I don't want to be on Nate's bad side. I already feel like he doesn't like me very much' I mumble in complete honesty but he just shakes his head.

'He'll be mad at me, not you. Come on' I crawl out of my bed and slip into his as he closes the door. 

As the bus drives over the bumps and dips in the road, Ruel slips in next to me, instantly starting to kiss my lips. 

We finally kissed for the longest time since Sydney and it felt amazing to be this intimate with him again. 'I've missed this' he speaks and I nod. 

'Me too' I snuggle my head into the crook of his neck and suddenly felt tired and fell asleep to the sound of the bus engine.