Strange Happenings

Start from the beginning

Xisuma dutifully obeyed, dragging his feet to the bathroom. False watched him slowly disappear into another room. It was time to get to work. She picked a curve of the room that created a sort of cove. Layering blankets and pillows, False proudly created one of the comfiest beds ever. She should know, because when she plopped down on it, it took all her effort not to fall asleep instantly.

False was a woman of her word however, so she left before Xisuma emerged. She knew how sensitive he was about people seeing his scars.

When Xisuma came out, he found a note on the floor.

"I will know if you don't get any sleep" – False

He sighed and curled up on the bed, scared arms pulling the sheets over himself. Sleep soon took over his tired body and he forgot all about the troubles of being an admin.

"Thank you False." He mummered into a pillow before he was completely wrapped up in the luxury of blissful unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stress stared at the complex redstone of the storage room she shared with Iskall. So much for wanting to be a redstoner. This made no sense. Her eyes were starting to dry out. She was worried about the disappearance of Ren.

"Your talent lies in building."

Stress spun around, her brown eyes widening. Iskall was right there. Both his mechanical and regular brown eye were trained on her. His gaze was soft as he gazed at her. Stress moved a shaky hand to brush back a piece of her long brown hair.

"Sorry if I scared you," Iskall untucked his hands from his green suit. Turning to look at the redstone he continued in his Swedish accent that Stress knew so well. "Half the time I can't understand it."

"The redstone?" Stress asked. Iskall gave her one of his biggest smiles. "That, and your amazing talent in building." Stress felt the blush creep up her cheeks. The look he was giving her reminded her of the time he gave her a rose. She still had it, a memento. Both their phones rang with a text message from Ren. They read it out loud simultaneously.

Ren> "Hello everyone! How are you doing? Just thought I would stop by y'know? I'm fine by the way, sorry for scarin' y'all."

Stress and Iskall's looked at each other. What game was Ren playing? Suddenly, an explosion shook the room that they were in. Iskall suddenly grabbed her hand. Stress barely had time to register it when he pulled her into the swirling portal. Once on the other side they crouched, Iskall hovering protectively over Stress. The ice lined tunnel showed no signs of anything.

"We should start preparing for traps, or anything else unusual." He gently pulled her up. Then Iskall reluctantly let go of Stress's hand. Pressing a diamond into her hand he looked her directly in the eyes and told her, "I heard you were low." He waited till she nodded before taking off down the tunnel. It took her a moment to gather her thoughts. Diamonds, of course! Stress facepalmed. She was going to meet Grian for the diamond minigame!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stress found herself in a white concrete and cyan terracotta arena, the Sahara colors.

Whooosh! Stress looked up in time to see Grian spiraling downwards. He landed in a superhero pose. Out of all the people in the world, Grian loved flying the most. He looked up at her guiltily.

"Are you sure you still want to go through with this? After Ren..." Grian trailed off, eyes flicking back and forth. He nervously smoothed back his spiky golden hair.