Chapter Fifteen- Grady/Jeremiah

A/N: this chapter gets spicy. Picture is of Penelope.

     Grady

   “I can’t do this.” Looking down at the scared boy, Grady tightened his arm around his shoulders while taking another glance at the school in front of them.

        “Yes you can Miah, it’s okay. No one is going to hurt you and I’m going to be by your side.”

        Grady had been royally pissed when he had first discovered those pictures of him and Miah splashed all over the walls. He was even more pissed and disappointed when he realized the person behind not only the pictures but the texts, was someone he called his best friend. After Grady had lunged towards him, he knew he was probably going to get in trouble.

        Their fight had been broken up by two teachers, who then brought them to the principal’s office. Luckily Hayden and Elijah had taken down all of the pictures off the wall.

        Once they arrived to the principal’s office, Grady was caught off guard when he didn’t get in trouble. Joel had been suspended, and it looked like he wasn’t going to come back any time soon.

        Now here they were, standing in front of the school while the skies threatened to open. Miah was literally shaking next to him, his skin turning a white color. “Someone will be by your side at all times. If not me then Hayden or Elijah. I promise,” he said while making Miah look into his eyes. “Joel isn’t here; he’s not going to hurt you. No one is going to hurt you.”

        “How can you be so sure? And why are you so close to me, aren’t you worried about what people might think?” Stepping closer to the smaller boy’s body, Grady leaned down and ever so softly kissed him on the lips while pulling him closer to his body. When he pulled back he saw those hazel eyes were wide with fear.

        “I’m sorry I was so scared before, I never should have wanted to hide being with you. I’m not ashamed to be with you, you’re the best thing that has happened to my life. If people want to stare let them. I know there will be people who are going to say horrible things behind our backs, but honestly I don’t give a damn. I care about you, and as long as I have you in my life I’m happy. I don’t care what other people think about us, they’re just jealous they don’t have someone like you in their lives.”

        Tears were making their way down Miah’s cheeks, a smile spread on his face. “Ready?” He asked while holding his hand out. Grady’s smile widened when Miah didn’t hesitate before putting his small hand into Grady’s larger one. Giving his hand a gentle squeeze, Grady started walking into school, never feeling better. 

*

        “What is this supposed to be, a liver?” Hayden asked while poking at what looked like meatloaf on his tray.

        “Why would they serve you a liver?” Miah asked while taking another sip of his water.

        “Why wouldn’t they?” Miah simply laughed as Elijah simply shook his head, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

           Looking around the cafeteria, Grady let his eyes roam over all of the students currently eating. No one seemed to have a problem with four gay guys sitting together. Surprisingly everyone had been supportive towards him and Miah, people he didn’t even know would come up to them saying how adorable they were or how they admired them.

        Putting his arm on the back of Miah’s chair, he watched the heated argument Miah and Hayden were having, about gummy bears of all things. Grady couldn’t help but smile at them, even if their argument made no sense what so ever.